• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tools and Materials for OC in Utah

GeneticsDave

imported post

Ok, so I listened to the H.B. 473 Firearms Amendments recording from the floor and heard Attorney General Shurtleff spell out the legality of open carry. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great to have a copy of this to play for anyone who questions OC legality? So.. after much pain in the ___ I got the .rm file, converted it to .mp3 and then edited out everything that didn't relate to HB 473 and open carry. I put it on my iPhone, but any mp3 player should play it just fine.

You can get the file here.

Please post any other materials that you think people could use to prove OC legality (pamphlets, audio, video, photos, etc.), just don't post Utah State Code, we all know it's not directly stated in there, so don't clutter the topic with that.

Enjoy!

colormered

imported post

Downloaded and played just fine. FYI, the file is around 19 MB, and plays about 13.6 minutes.....

Should have been distributed to all LE agencies in the state for required listening by all LEO's....

Atta boy, Dave!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Ok, so I listened to the H.B. 473 Firearms Amendments recording from the floor and heard Attorney General Shurtleff spell out the legality of open carry. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great to have a copy of this to play for anyone who questions OC legality? So.. after much pain in the ___ I got the .rm file, converted it to .mp3 and then edited out everything that didn't relate to HB 473 and open carry. I put it on my iPhone, but any mp3 player should play it just fine.

You can get the file here.

Please post any other materials that you think people could use to prove OC legality (pamphlets, audio, video, photos, etc.), just don't post Utah State Code, we all know it's not directly stated in there, so don't clutter the topic with that.

Enjoy!
Great Post! Very useful information!