Thread: 1911 Serpa

Post imported post

Will the Blackhawk Serpa fit a Hi-power?

thanks!
    Last edited by nova; 04-29-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Post imported post

It's possible, but you might run into a problem. Are you talking about the locking version? Level 2 retention i think? If so, you might have problems locking it in, because it looks like your Hi-Cap angles downward from the dustcover on back. A 1911 doesn't do that, the slide release isn't as long, so the extra space ins't necessary. you might be able to find one locally just to see if it fits.

Post imported post

In my experience FTF are usually magazine related.
    Consider getting new Factory magazines.

Or try new springs.
    http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/B...ml#1935hipower

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I have two Hi Powers, one is a Charles Daly clone in 9mm and the other is an FN in .40. I already have a SERPA holster for my SIG 220 and I really like it. There is a place here in town that stocks SERPAs for the 1911. I am going to try and go in this weekend and see if they will let me try one out.

If anyone has any suggestions for a SERPA like holster for the Hi Power I'd like to hear them. I know the leather Bianchi Model 82 will work, but it is a belt slide. I'd like to have a paddle that snugs in as well as the Blackhawk. Niether FOBUS nor Blade-Tech really have what I want.

Nova,

Try polishing your feed ramp with a felt bob and some jewelers rouge. It's difficult to remove too much metal if you go slow and make a few passes at a time. It worked wonders with the CD. I haven't had a glitch. If you haven't checked it already there is a lot of good information about Hi Powers and their clones over at http://handgunsandammo.proboards36.com/index.cgi

R/

DocV

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The serpa for the 1911 will not fit the Hi-Power. I tried it and thought I was going to have to destroy the holster to get the Hi-Power out. I also emailed Blackhawk and they have no plans to make the serpa for the Hi-Power.

Post imported post

Bummer. But I guess it saves me a trip to the store. Thanks for the info.

R/ DocV

Post imported post

FWIW,

I was at Extreme Outfitters in Va Beach yesterday and tried a 1911 SERPA with my Browning HP in .40 S&W. It worked without a problem. There is a little wiggle fore and aft but other than that it was fine. Enough so that I bought it and wore it to an Open Carry dinner last night.

Please keep in mind the .40 cal frame is slightly larger than the 9mm.

Thought I would share.

DocV