• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounter at Fred Meyer in Kent

rysa

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
So, this kinda' got dropped but, anyone find out what Fred Meyer's corperate policy is?

This didnt get dropped, i've been in contact with fred-meyer corporate a lot regarding this, with little to no luck. I've contacted them several times always getting an apology for it taking so long and little if anything else, other than a vague promise that someone from another division will get back to me. I will call them again tomorrow and see if they have any better excuses, since its been 2.5 months since the incident.

Maybe someone with a bigger [insert derogatory word for male genitalia here] to swing would get better results.

jbone

imported post

What thread can I find the latest and greatest DNP list?

Excuse me store manager, I saw a man wearing a pink shirt, I’m homophobic (which I'm not) and the way he dresses make me unconformable.Can you ask him to put his shirt in the car, or cover it up? Would'nt that be just as rude and uncalled for?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I had my family with me today while driving around trying to find football cleats for my 2 boys who are in Kent Knights football. While OC'ing, went to Play it Again Sports first, no luck with cleats, nothing in the way of an encounter. Big 5 in Kent next, spent about 30-45 minutes there fitting cleats, nothing said, everyone seemed cool with my carrying. After that we went to Kent Fred Meyer where we spent about 30 minutes picking up produce. Saw a few looks, but no managers or anyone said anything.

We're still waiting for an official answer about corperate policy.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
We're still waiting for an official answer about corporate policy.

Today I received a letter from Fred Meyer asking me for area PD training bulletins and any letters I have from business that allow lawful carry in their stores. The packet is being shipped on 2/13. I take this as a good sign.

boom

imported post

It seems Fred Meyer is a bit cautious. It these times all good managers and corporate hacks aught to be covering their 6 for want of employment. Now would be an excellent time for a corporation to decide that their policy would be one that mirrors state law. (like their largest competitor)

boom

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
boom wrote:
It seems Fred Meyer is a bit cautious. It these times all good managers and corporate hacks aught to be covering their 6 for want of employment. Now would be an excellent time for a corporation to decide that their policy would be one that mirrors state law. (like their largest competitor)

Can we please have just one thread that doesn't mention Wal-Mart in it!
I thought I did well to restrain from using the W word, as it leaves a bitter taste on my tongue. Fred Meyer's produce and deli are second to none in this area now, so I hope to give them more of my business in the future. Cheaper is not better when it comes to feeding my family. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Incidentally, I was wondering how they treat their employees. Retention/benefits/profit sharing? Yeah, I know that is not OC relevant, but the thing is, in this financial climate I want the better businesses to keep their head above water. Thankfully I can afford to be picky.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have carried at Freddy's here off Lakeway for past few months with no incident. Well one weird one when I was following my other half around with a gun magazine as my habit, when some college chic muttered out loud to her freind 'who walks around with a gun magazine'. I ignored her, apparently she didn't see the gun on my hip.

sirpuma

imported post

I have OC'd in the FM in Burien many times with no confrontations. Though with the winter weather, I CC because I wear my BDU jacket or my heavy warm coat.

sirpuma

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
WOW! a year and a half,,,, and the news is GOOD! nice work!

RYSA hasnt been on the boards since december,,, wonder if he'll ever find out?
LOL, I know. I was about to say, "corporate policy is to abide by state law." Then I saw I had already replied. So I had to check the date I replied and saw it was a year old. Talk about reviving a dead topic. LOL:uhoh:

dj_fatstyles

imported post

i think i got this from seattleguns.net but this is word for word what melinda merrill wrote to someone regarding carrying of firearms in fred meyers...

melinda merrill wrote:
Thank you for your e-mail.

Our policy on guns in our stores is simply to comply with the law.

We recognize and respect the right to carry a weapon and we are aware that not everyone who has a weapon has a concealed weapon permit. However, we serve all varieties of Customers in our stores-we do not discriminate based on anything- not gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or opinion. So, as I'm sure you are aware, there may be times when an unconcealed weapon is upsetting, particularly to some mothers who are shopping with their children. If you have a concealed weapon permit, we would appreciate it if you would conceal your weapon, but we recognize that you do not have to by law.

Best regards,

Melinda Merrill Director, Public Affairs
503.797.3830 p
Notification Type: Unresolved To Division
Contact Method: Email contact
Date Received: 9/8/2009 12:49:00AM
Received By FM Unresolved Notification
Additional Case Detail:
Initial Rep:ch58449