Thread: was asked to leave the colonial mall in Brunswick

Post imported post

Well i visited the mall today, I was open carrying. I was asked to leave by the rent-a-cop. He noticed my pistol and asked if i had a license, so i complied showed my license. He then asked me where i work, I informed him and was asked to leave lol, figure he didnt like my reply that I paint cars:P I told him it was cool I would take my business elsewhere .

Post imported post

Good job :-) no hassle beyond the asked-to-leave. Not sure if mr-rentacop has authority to ask to leave? maybe does as he's employed by mall.

rmodel65 wrote:
    Well i visited the mall today, I was open carrying. I was asked to leave by the rent-a-cop. He noticed my pistol and asked if i had a license, so i complied showed my license. He then asked me where i work, I informed him and was asked to leave lol, figure he didnt like my reply that I paint cars:P I told him it was cool I would take my business elsewhere .

Post imported post

exgabrit wrote:
    Good job :-) no hassle beyond the asked-to-leave. Not sure if mr-rentacop has authority to ask to leave? maybe does as he's employed by mall.

rmodel65 wrote:

i was in the common area in the mall so i would assume he does

Post imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
    He can ask you to leave, but he has no right to ask for your license.

Post imported post

my next question is do they have to ask me to leave everytime, or have I been warned not to carry so next time they could press charges?

Post imported post

I believe its each time, just don't go back the same day, you'd be pushing your luck.
    the problem is that if you come back and ID'd too many times, then it may be considered refusal to leave.
    I'd personally wait a few weeks, then go back as usual, see what happens. or simply concealed carry at that location.

Post imported post

yeah i dont go to the mall very often i was just wondering if now i had been officially warned or not

Post imported post

i think the law regarding being asked to leave is simply for within a certain period of time. i.e. you get asked to leave, you leave and come back 10 minutes later, then it's crimal treaspass. come back 5 hours later, probably still crimal treaspass. 3 days later, probably ok.
    in order for it to become criminal treaspass is really NOT leaving when asked.
    if for example you did come back a few hours later and then the renta-cops were real dummies and actually called the police, they showed up and you're still there, real cops are just going to ask you to leave. if you refuse, then you may be in trouble, like slap on the rist. basically for you to be in real trouble, you'll have to do a bunch of stuff wrong, like refusing to leave multiple times and then refuse to leave if cops show up and then mess with law enforcement.
    cops vary city by city, some hillbilly types don't know the regs, or rookies. it would be almost considered arguing with a cop if you are trying to explain the law that he is incorrect about.

Post imported post

a mall is private property which is why can make their own rulles as far as dress codes, traveling in large groups ect. All they really need to do is put a sign at each entrance stating no guns allowed and its over

Post imported post

A sign has no legal authority in Georgia, as far as I know. Someone has to actually ask you to leave, and it's not "criminal trespass" to enter with a firearm when there's a sign, so long as you leave if someone asks you.

Post imported post

Jonas Salk wrote:
    A sign has no legal authority in Georgia, as far as I know. Someone has to actually ask you to leave, and it's not "criminal trespass" to enter with a firearm when there's a sign, so long as you leave if someone asks you.
    +1

Post imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
    Well, aren't you just the trouble maker?

Make sure that you post this at GeorgiaPacking.org.

Post imported post

Samuel Adams wrote:
    rmodel65 wrote:
    Well, aren't you just the trouble maker?

Make sure that you post this at GeorgiaPacking.org.

haha this happened a long time ago, i believe it was before my georgiapacking account was even activated i had to email them cause i waited and waited.

Post imported post

more and more I'm falling in love with GA LOL:celebrate I need to leave "disney world" here in florida and move to where the REAL south ends! My brother lives in douglas and he absolutely loves it! Now if only I can talk the wife into moving north! lol

Post imported post

endtimer08 wrote:
    more and more I'm falling in love with GA LOL:celebrate I need to leave "disney world" here in florida and move to where the REAL south ends! My brother lives in douglas and he absolutely loves it! Now if only I can talk the wife into moving north! lol
    You know we live in interesting times when you have to move north to get to The South.

Post imported post

Jonas Salk wrote:
    You know we live in interesting times when you have to move north to get to The South.
    Even more amusing: After having moved to Virginia, people keep insisting it's the South even more than it did when I was in Augusta and Warner Robins.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Depends which part of Virginia, really. My dad lives in Roanoke, which is definitely "The South," but my trip to Alexandria and noVA two years ago...ugh. Nothing but annoying, sharp yankee accents and a total lack of sweet tea--people were also quite rude, never held doors open, didn't let you out if you were in traffic, etc.

Not that I want to generalize, but damn, it's a huge difference.

Post imported post

NoVA's not Virginia, it's become corrupted by the cancer that is DC.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.