Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My house was shot while I was standing behind where it hit.

Post imported post

My adrenaline is still going, but I need to get some of this out, as everyone around me is downplaying it as much as possible.

I just moved back from Purdue, and have been at my step dad's since saturday. I was trying to sleep ( in the family room with large windows facing the road ) because I don't have a room here. I heard a gunshot in the distance, and pulled up wordpad and typed "1 Gunshot 1:53AM" when another happened right after it. I though to myself, it is WAY too late to be target practice or hunting in the distance, so I got up for whatever reason, I'm pretty sure it was to grab my Sig, but I honestly don't remember now. I walked towards the kitchen when BAM, the window I was standing infront of was hit. I dropped to the ground so fast my mom immediately woke up yelling my name thinking I had been hit. She came around the corner and I had her stay down and back.

I grabbed the AR and loaded it and stood near the corner of the window, and lifted the shade to look outside and inspect the window. Sure enough, shotgun blast to the window. I threw the SIG on and had my mother call the police. They took about 15 minutes to get here, and then looked around, said they really couldn't do much and it wasn't a big deal since it didn't penetrate. They gave me a case number and left.

It's one thing to shoot into a dark house where it is likely everyone is asleep, but it's damn sure another thing to shoot at a silhouette in a lit room.

I won't be sleeping tonight. I hate feeling this helpless. Those bastards are going to get away with this.

sidenotes: no enemies, not a bad place, out in the country off a 2 lane state road.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My house is set up the same way… Big windows facing the road… from time to time I think about a bullet coming through that window. That type of thing just piss me off, it is senseless, and just evil of someone to do that to your house. If I were you I would keep an eye out of a window at night for that to happen again, then if it does I would unload 30 round on the car… I have no remorse for anyone that does such things. And It's good everyone is alright. What I say may not be the right thing to do, but it would be what I would do. Right or wrong, it's what I would do

Post imported post

I'm glad to hear that you're ok.

Post imported post

Wow, I bet your adrenaline is going. For the first time in 9 years we had a gunshot near my house last weekend. My fiancee stands in front of the picture window, looking out in the direction of the shot and says, "Aren't you going to do anything?" I said, "Yep, I'm going to keep sitting over here instead of in the direct line of fire." She moved. World seems to keep getting more and more screwed up.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Glad to hear you're ok. It looks like if they'd have killed you or a member of your family, apparently they'd have gotten away. Absolutely sickening.

I guess you'd better keep the Sig and AR by your side at all times in your house for a good while.

Post imported post

You mean the police didn't collect the bullet fragments and use high-tech wizardry to come up with a "ballistic fingerprint"? Jeez, we need those gun registries...

Anyhow, glad to hear you're alright.

Post imported post

Daisy-chain your Claymores in a 360 around your house and keep the clacker next to your bed. LOL
    Bitka Sve Reava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Triple up on the clackers, they don't always work...

Other than that, I'm glad to hear that you were not in the path and that no one was hurt.
    It's getting to be that you have to rig your house like "I Am Legend" style.

Post imported post

Ruiner wrote:
    They took about 15 minutes to get here, and then looked around, said they really couldn't do much and it wasn't a big deal since it didn't penetrate. They gave me a case number and left.

Did they really say that? What the hell difference does it make if it penetrated or not? The house was fired upon!

Didn't they patrol around and search for any suspects or did they just look around the house on foot? Did you hear any vehicles speeding away or any voices speaking?

I am glad things turned out OK and I am glad to hear no one was injured during the attack.

Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

I took a few pics just a little bit ago. I ran errands all morning, and just got back... The cops found the 17 year olds that did it. I will update the thread, but it looks like they'll probably be going free, and only if they skip their court date will a warrant be issued...

Amazing that they don't receive harsher punishment. He said it was some inner city kids, 2 hispanics and a black. I wasn't targeted, it was random.

Post imported post

I took a few pics just a little bit ago. I ran errands all morning, and just got back... The cops found the 17 year olds that did it. I will update the thread, but it looks like they'll probably be going free, and only if they skip their court date will a warrant be issued...

Amazing that they don't receive harsher punishment. He said it was some inner city kids, 2 hispanics and a black. I wasn't targeted, it was random.

What?!?!? They are going free? Glad that you are ok and I am glad that you are prepared in case their buddies come back, but seriously what charges have been brought against them and have you considered action against their parents.

Post imported post

If they are going to be freed, then what is the point of having it be illegal to fire on people's houses? Is being 17 an exemption from wrongdoing in this country?Does someone have to die for anything to ever be done?

Unbelievable..
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    If they are going to be freed, then what is the point of having it be illegal to fire on people's houses? Is being 17 an exemption from wrongdoing in this country?Does someone have to die for anything to ever be done?

Unbelievable..
    I love how the progressives pass all these laws - BUT NEVER USE THEM ON CRIMINALS!

Post imported post

You guys know that we, the gun owners, are the reason this happened anyway.

Post imported post

You're right, I had nearly forgotten that!

Judging by the pictures there is substantial damage done to that part of the house, I wonder if your stepfather can capture that cost back from the perps, if it was them who did it.

Post imported post

Absolutely absurd that people of any age who would intentionally fire at a residence would be released on their own recognizence. Being released into their parents custody if they were younger, maybe. But by 17 if you don't understand that what they did was potentially fatal you are either a ******* and should be off the street or have reckless disregard for your fellow citizens and should be off the streets.

Once again -- we don't need more gun laws, we need to enforce the ones we have against GASP! people who intetionally and with reckless abandon violate those laws.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

worrbaron wrote:
    You're right, I had nearly forgotten that!

Judging by the pictures there is substantial damage done to that part of the house, I wonder if your stepfather can capture that cost back from the perps, if it was them who did it.
    Er, would it be wrong to exploit the oft-abused civil court system to bend over the kids and their parents through a lawsuit for emotional damages and such?

Post imported post

Not to sound rash or irresponsible (or do I?), since it's "OK" to just cruise the 'hood and pop birdshot thru peoples windows, maybe you should return the favor....perhaps an M79 would suffice!!! A 40mm grenade can't do that much damage could it? Heh...

I'd be willing to bet a box of .45ACP Hydrashoks that it's either the Chiefs/Sheriffs/mayors kid and his "crew"....

Post imported post

I dont think it would be at all, it is his property and that property was damaged by someone, he should try to capture the costs of repair back from whomever is responsible.

Parents used to hold their children responsible for their actions; if you broke something you replaced it.

Post imported post

How bout..

Posession of firearms by a minor.
    Attempted murder.
    Negligent discharge of a firearm.
    Destruction of property.
    Disorderly conduct.
    Criminal negligence.
    Conspiracy to commit.. (all above charges).

and probably a few others that I'm forgetting (that may or may not be applicable in your state/count).
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Aw c'mon Techno, then they'd have to do all that paperwork....

"Bad cop, no donut"...heh

Banned

Post imported post

Guys, obviously what we need to do is outlaw shotguns. This wouldn't have happened if nobody had a shotgun to use.

Post imported post

As long as the shotgun isn't yours and you're underage, then it is ok to carry it and shoot it at occupied structures.

If you carry a sidearm in a holster to defend against those attacks, however, you are a major threat and must be dealt with immediately.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    Aw c'mon Techno, then they'd have to do all that paperwork....

"Bad cop, no donut"...heh
    The cops did their job in apprehending the criminals. It is up to the prosecuter and judge to actually determine charges and bond. I think any cop bashing here should be reserved for those actually guilty. Maybe an extra doughnut for the cops and the DA sent to bed without supper.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:

Unbelievable..
    Sometimes nothing's done even when people die. By letting those punks off can the authorities say "you can shoot up a residence and get away with it" any louder? Those punks will most likely go out and do it again.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast