• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I guess

Weak 9mm

imported post

that thread was somehow innapropriate? Why was it locked? Lock this one too pls.

Note that regardless of the initial outcome, I would have liked to continue the discussion. I did want to know some opinions about that subject in general, not necessarily the commercial specifically. I really can't figure out why it was locked. Perhaps I've somehow insulted someone, which certainly wasn't the intent of the thread.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well the moderator that did lock the first thread should probably have given a reason (but then again, it was probably longwatch). I'd be willing to bet it was locked because it was so incredibly off topic there was no way to justify it being here :Dlol. Your question was answered, after all....right?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Wow ok so I see you replied to a whole bunch of threads. Anyway I already apologized in the "Get together" thread, but I'll plug one here to just to clarify. I was not trying to be rude, I was being sarcastic since the current moderators have NOT been consistent, and are causing more harm than good by randomly locking threads without explanation.

I feel your pain, man. I've had some threads randomly locked as well.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Again, it does appear that I have gone a bit overboard.:uhoh:

I am sorry, very on edge it appears.

I do hope that something good will come out of my thread in the general section though. It addressed the mods not giving reasons for a deleted/locked thread and what exactly constitutes the deletion/locking of a thread. I did get some good responses, and I hope that in the future it will be of some help to the forum in perhaps helping to standardize some of these practices.