Thread: newbie

Post imported post

Heyfolks,South Central Alabama here,just got my permit today and on the back :celebrateit states :

"This DOES NOT permit you to carry a gun openly as an officer".Does this mean that you don't need a permit to carry openly and if you do don't act like an officer.Gonna have to check into this as I thought OC was legal .Hope yall can put up with me.

Post imported post

What county is it from?

Also, OC is de jure legal, but de facto illegal. In the sense that you have a good chance of getting a face full of asphalt and a nice large attorney's bill.

Post imported post

Covington County,,Got a revolver which is hard to conceal,though now I at least can take it with me.

Post imported post

Hey all, another "noob" here, but I've been lurking for awhile, and researching the law here in Alabama regarding open carry. This is a great site - it's full of useful info. I've been experimenting some with open carry in Birmingham, mostly - nothing of note, just a few gas stations and stores. If I get any good stories, I'll post them under a new thread. Thanks and keep up the good work on the site.

Post imported post

JBC wrote:
    Heyfolks,South Central Alabama here,just got my permit today and on the back :celebrateit states :

"This DOES NOT permit you to carry a gun openly as an officer".Does this mean that you don't need a permit to carry openly and if you do don't act like an officer.Gonna have to check into this as I thought OC was legal .Hope yall can put up with me.
    Pitch in and help out! http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum59/8260.html