Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shootig on Campus?

Post imported post

I'm at work streaming 102.1 in Richmond, and they were saying there is a shooter on the campus of VCU. Anybody hear about this yet?

Edit: Mods: Can someone fix my title spelling error for me please? Thanks.

Post imported post

University of Richmond, witnesses report man with handgun...

Post imported post

Holy crap!:what:

Post imported post

Updated - witnesses saw a HOLSTER! Buildings are locked down and police are searching for a blonde male with a jacket on (It's what? 75 degrees out right now...?).

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

From Channel 12:

white male with sandy blond hair. The suspect is said to have been wearing a brown or black jacket with "Sheriff" written across the back and was carrying a firearm.

Dear God!

The sky is falling

Post imported post

Students and faculty are being told to stay where they are and to lock their doors... so the next time i need to defend myself, im going to grab a door.... hopefully, home depot will start carrying door holsters. I'm glad im a big guy! I might be able to OC a steel door!

Post imported post

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    white male with sandy blond hair. The suspect is said to have been wearing a brown or black jacket with "Sheriff" written across the back and was carrying a firearm.
    Well.. he must have sped up here to Northern Virginia in a hurry. I saw a guy fittingyour description on the side of the road near a construction zone.. his Holstered firearm was out in the open for all to see!!

:what:
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

WhatTimeIsIt? wrote:
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.
    That it is! Some anti student just trying to bring more attention back to Va and kill our gun rights

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Well.. he must have sped up here to Northern Virginia in a hurry. I saw a guy fittingyour description on the side of the road near a construction zone.. his Holstered firearm was out in the open for all to see!!

:what:
    It must be terrorists disguised as Deputy Sheriffs.:shock:
    I'll call the tipline!
    Was he driving a WHITE VAN?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.a...5-06-0189.html

University of Richmond police seek reported gunman on campus

The University of Richmond locked down its campus this afternoon as police from the university, the city of Richmond and Henrico County search for an armed man reported to have been seen in Boatwright Library, a spokeswoman said.
    No shots have been reported fired, said Linda Evans, the spokeswoman.
    "We’ve had two different reports from witnesses who said he had a firearm," Evans said. The last time the person was reported seen was about 3:25 p.m.
    The person was described as a white male, 5-foot-11-inches tall, with short blond hair, a navy blue shirt or jacket and possibly a fake beard, Evans said. He was also reported to be carrying an olive-colored, Army-style duffel bag.
    An initial alert went out by e-mail, voice mail and text message about 3:45 p.m., Evan said, reporting that a dangerous person had been seen on campus and to use caution. It was followed by a second alert at approximately 4:15 p.m. that reported a person had been seen with a gun, that the campus had been locked down and "urging everyone to secure themselves," Evans said.
    With exams over last Friday, most students have left the campus. Officials could not immediately say how many students were on campus.

Post imported post

I just caught the tail end of the live steaming news report for NBC12 in Richmond. The campus is still on lock down and a nearby school was also closed and all events canceled.

. . . They now aresaying that they have brought in blood-hounds.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    An initial alert went out by e-mail, voice mail and text message about 3:45 p.m., Evan said, reporting that a dangerous person had been seen on campus and to use caution. It was followed by a second alert at approximately 4:15 p.m. that reported a person had been seen with a gun, that the campus had been locked down and "urging everyone to secure themselves," Evans said.
    How do they know he is dangerous? What are they basing that assumption on? Have any threats been made or have any witnesses seen anything other than a firearm sitting neatly in it's holster?Announcing something like this without actual evidence may put this person's life in danger.

This paranoia is the result we get when tragedies happen on campus because our students and faculty are barred from carrying protective measures.

And urging people to "secure" themselves..?? How?? Lock the door at the dorm and remain armed with #2 pencils and textbooks?
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    I just caught the tail end of the live steaming news report for NBC12 in Richmond. The campus is still on lock down and a nearby school was also closed and all events canceled.

Holy, moly. I tell you what, when I do visit Tech campus next I will be calling the PD to let them know I'm coming before I show up OCing.

Post imported post

Im tired of students basing va gun rights we have to stop this @#$%!

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    And urging people to "secure" themselves..?? How?? Lock the door at the dorm and remain armed with #2 pencils and textbooks?
    Don't forget the surplus of condoms and beer cans. A 12oz beer at 100MPH is.... i dunno, anyone care to do the math? does anyone know if a 12oz beer can even do 100mph? I've always wanted to test it in my apple cannon, however never wanted to waste the beer!

happy carrying,

jason

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    VApatriot wrote:

Holy, moly. I tell you what, when I do visit Tech campus next I will be calling the PD to let them know I'm coming before I show up OCing.
    I posted it somewhere else, but my brother and myself both OCed at VT just the other weekend without any incident.

Post imported post

Does that hat say BMWAG?:shock:

Post imported post

The first report I heard was that he was in the library and he refused to give someone i.d.

I wouldn't be surpised if this was a hoax by an anti or a dumbass. Bloodhounds, lockdowns, sheriffs jacket, the whole thing sounds like B.S. to me.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    The first report I heard was that he was in the library and he refused to give someone i.d.

I wouldn't be surpised if this was a hoax by an anti or a dumbass. Bloodhounds, lockdowns, sheriffs jacket, the whole thing sounds like B.S. to me.
    I think it was just a stunt. I don't see a gun either.

Ah spring....
    Time for fun and games.:X

Post imported post

Ridiculous. What can you say about something so silly and stupid? One guy may have a gun so an entire campus of adults lock themselves in their rooms like 6 year old who refused to clean up his toys. How does this make sense to anyone. And on a college campus where one would expect at least a smattering of intelligence.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Ridiculous. What can you say about something so silly and stupid? One guy may have a gun so an entire campus of adults lock themselves in their rooms like 6 year old who refused to clean up his toys. How does this make sense to anyone. And on a college campus where one would expect at least a smattering of intelligence.
    May 2, 1970, The students at Kent State burn the ROTC Building, May 4, they riot and even after being fired on by the guard, try to storm the guard in mass to kill the shooters.

May 6, 2008, the students at University of Richmond hike up their skirts and lock themselves in their rooms.....because someone may have had a gun.....

Take a look at our future leaders!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:

Where'd you get the photo? I assume this is an actual photo of the guy.....

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

Where'd you get the photo? I assume this is an actual photo of the guy.....
    Channel 12 news
    http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/18697514.html

Post imported post

agent provocateur's trying to make the SCCC movement look bad...

at least that is my take...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast