• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Get-Together?

akhunter3

imported post

Hey guys!

With spring basically here, I was wondering if y'all would like to do a OC-get together before summer comes along and we're all out fishing?

I was thinking maybe meet somewhere for lunch/dinner, go shooting, or a bit of both?

I'd like to get as many of us there as possible; murphy, spyderdude, me, flintlock, etc.

Any takers? Let's figure out a place/time and get to it!

Jon

Flintlock

imported post

Sounds good Jon, hopefully we'll get several of us to commit. Rabid SA-XD and Schofield as well as any other lurkers out there. I am up for anything... Shooting, BBQ, dinner, hiking, maybe even fishing... Might want to keep in mind the questionable restaurant rule that Baradium and I were discussing..

(d) In a prosecution under (a)(2) of this section, it is

(1) an affirmative defense that

(A) [Repealed, Sec. 7 ch 62 SLA 2003].
(B) the loaded firearm was a concealed handgun as defined in AS 18.65.790; and
(C) the possession occurred at a place designated as a restaurant for the purposes of AS 04.16.049and the defendant did not consume intoxicating liquor at the place;

We may need an opinion from the Attorney General or something but it really seems to me that where alcohol is served for on-premises consumption, the firearm must be unloaded or concealed. Just something to keep in mind as we decide what to do..

akhunter3

imported post

I was thinking the same thing, if we decided to go eat we will have to double-check whichever restaurant we choose.

Does golden-corral serve alcohol?

I graduate Monday and should have some extra free time after that, so I plan on writing local/state Rep.'s at this time about that "charming" little law...

Jon

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

I OC'd at GC a few weeks ago, i'd like to meet some new folks...

BTW i got my new personal licence plate last week

SAXD45

freakin' sweet

and yes, if we go somewhere that serves alcohol, we would have to CC, but GC sounds good. I would also like to pick all your brains about reloading, and how to get started...that 45 factory is getting 'spensive.

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Congratulations on the CCW permit!

I don't know what you guys do on Sundays, but that would be a perfect day for an OC get together IMO.
Sounds good to me.

spyderdude

imported post

How about we have dinner at Golden Corral on May 25th @ say 6PM? Maybe eventually we can start having monthly meets at various restaraunts around town, especially when winter rolls around again.

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
How about we have dinner at Golden Corral on May 25th @ say 6PM? Maybe eventually we can start having monthly meets at various restaraunts around town, especially when winter rolls around again.
The schedule appears to be free. I believe I'm game..

spyderdude

imported post

Who is Chris Hansen?

When the 25th rolls around and if for some reason you can't make it, please do post saying you cannot make it to the OC dinner, so we don't have a possible one person turnout.

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

hansen.jpg

ill definately be there