• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Get-Together?

akhunter3

imported post

I should be able to make it. I will be in Seward that weekend, but am scheduled to get back early Sunday afternoon.

I'm surprised so many of y'all are in town memorial day weekend;)

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

Don't forget Flintlock, that makes four of us. I belive that's actually the majority of us, minus Murph and the feller in Fairbanks.;)

So I'll be carrying the good ole' G20. What about y'all??

Jon

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

the feller in fbx has been state side for almost two monthes. he is working on a new job. but when he gets some seniority and is able to take regular time off he will be back up here.

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

4" .45 XD with 2 spare clips, although i dont like my spare mag holder, its a double, for double stack, id rather have to singles, its a bianchi i think, if anyone wants to buy it, its for sale.

spyderdude

imported post

I don't see how you can drop the hammer on a loaded 1911, and not have the gun discharge. I would never drop the hammer on a loaded and chambered single action pistol like the 1911. :shock:

Speaking of the 1911, I really want to get that Springfield Black Stainless model, OMG that is such a beautiful piece!

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Speaking of the 1911, I really want to get that Springfield Black Stainless model, OMG that is such a beautiful piece!
Yes, it is definitely beautiful. I like it but I have my heart set on a Sig GSR. That is a sweet weapon, indeed. It's my goal to get one by the end-of-the-year.

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

id like to shoot 2 guns in the near furure to determine which one i buy, ok 3...

1 SA-XDm 9mm
2 SA-XD V-10 ported 9mm or .40
3 the new sig with modular insides (i forget the model #)

akhunter3

imported post

I'm still workin' on gettin' a G19.

After that I wouldn't mind looking at a 1911 or sometype of sig.

Them XD's look awful nice too.

-I think XD made a post in the wrong thread about Sunday....said something about parking in back/walking in as a group? I think this is a good idea, does GC have a back parking lot? I've never noticed.

I will be in a green F150.:celebrate

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

I don't think Golden Corral has a back parking lot, but it would be good if we all met in the parking lot, and walked in together. Someone would be very stupid to mess with a group of guys heavily armed! :lol:

I am excited to have this be our first official Opencarry.org meet for the state of Alaska!

I will be in a light blue Honda CRX with a darker blue passenger side door.

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

there has to be a good story behind a new door, and yes, i did post that in the wrong thread... i was in a rush...

hmmm 2 green f-150's?

:dude:

mine will have a nascar banner on the windshield, and an 8 and a 3 on the back.

akhunter3

imported post

I'm with Rabid, there has to be a good story behind the door replacement.

What year is your F150 Rabid? Sadly mine is as-of-yet unchanged from when I bought it.:banghead:

On a side note, found a Charles Daly copy of a Sig 229? 9mm for 275. Thinkin' I might have to try and scrounge a couple hundred dollars together. hehehe

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

I didn't know Golden Corral had to replace their door... hmm... interesting. I suppose it can be a number of things. Perhaps someone wasn't satisfied with the food and service, and maybe decided to take out the door LOL!

I personally don't like to buy "copies" of guns, I want the genuine thing. Except when it comes to 1911s. I'd say just save up and go for the SIG!

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

its a '00, all ive done to mine, is replace the tail lights with those from a lightning, and front turn lamps with no amber, and green turn signals. oh and led brake lights

i plan on modding it more, but a new gun is #1 for me.