• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KIRO 710 Firearms Series

eBratt

imported post

KIRO 710 has put together a series on firearms in Washington that they are airing. The segments are being aired two a day, one in the morning and one in the evening each day.

Heather (the reporter) interviewed me (the SPU Campus Leader for Students for Concealed Carry) as well as the UW campus leader for this series, but our segments will be later on.

You can listen to the audio on this page: http://mynorthwest.com/?sid=51826&nid=11

As new clips are released they will be added to the page, so continue to check back.

I just found out it was airing, so I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the clips yet. Here's hoping she is at least moderately balanced in her reporting.

Ethan

carhas0

imported post

I just listened to them. Not a lot of info, but not terribly biased either.

The clips are short (for those of you who think you don't have time).

expvideo

imported post

I like it. She's doing a good job of not sounding bias in any way, although she does seem to be a supporter of gun owners. I like Kiro 710 a lot.I'm ahugeDori Monson fan.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:40 PM
To: Stefanie Furer [sfurer@bonneville.com]
Subject: Series "Taking up arms"

You have a great series going here and I applaud your work. However I'd like to bring to your attention a group that is not on your resource list. It's called OpenCarry.org. This website is dedicated to educating people about their rights and working to improve those rights any way we can and as often as we can and we do so by working within the system. Please browse the website and consider adding it to your list of resources.

Thank you,
Bill Starks

Heather Bosch to me, Pete

show details 9:17 AM

Thanks Bill! I'll pass this information along to our web master