Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Booted from the bus

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    570

    Post imported post

    So today I took Everett transit downtown to grab some lunch, the bus was late ( as always ) and when it arrived I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad. I boarded the bus, paid my fare and greeted the driver with "How's it going today?" She simply stared at me and did not reply. I made my way back and as I took my seat I glanced back to the front to see the driver staring at me in the mirror. I gave her a bit of a smile and she, In a loud voice, demanded, "are you a sheriff?!?!!" "No," I replied, "Just a citizen." She stabbed her finger at the door and demanded "Get off"."Excused me?"was my reply to which she said"you cannot have a gun on the bus, get off" I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the bus staying behind the yellow line leaning over I said "I think you had better call your supervisor." With a huff she plucked the radiomic from the dash and radioed dispatch. She started the conversation with"Ihave a guy with a gun on the bus, what should I do about it" The reply "what, like a rifle or a handgun?" The bus driver, "its a handgun" Dispatch Is he carrying it in his hand?"Bus driver "It is in a holster" Dispatch "there is nothing wrong with that, it's not illegal" The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless, she refused to look at me but shut the door and started to pull away. I walked back to my seat, several peopleon the bus simply acted as though they hadn't seen any of what just happened, one lady gave me aexasperated smile rolling her eyes at the bus driver. As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing." I spent the day walking around Everett I went to my bank to make a deposit, the tellers were friendly as always, and after I was done I took the bus back home. When I boarded the bus the driver did not say anything about my gun, I sat down and heard a hushed conversation several rows back. A guy was telling his friend "for all you know he is a security cop or a regular cop, I am not going to ask him because it is none of my freaking business." That ended their discussion on that topic and I got off at my stop. All together a good day It is obvious that a lot of the public knows carrying a gun is perfectly legal and contrary to what so many cops have tried to tell me people don't piss themselves every time they see a gun.

  2. #2
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Nice. Public relations and education at its finest.

    I also like the response from the guy who said it was"none ofmy freaking business". Youre damn right it aint your business- I'd give him a gold star for simply recognizing truth.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  3. #3
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953

    Post imported post

    Agent 47 wrote:
    I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad.
    I'm sorry you had to run into my ex-wife
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  4. #4
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Glad to hear you had a good OC-day, Aaron. I hope they come more and more; with all the crap you've had dealt to you, you deserve some peaceful OC days.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    570

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    Glad to hear you had a good OC-day, Aaron. I hope they come more and more; with all the crap you've had dealt to you, you deserve some peaceful OC days.
    What's funny is I OC almost every day and absolutely nothing happens. The problem with only reporting when something goes bad is everyone assumes that the **** hits the fan every time someone steps foot outside their door carrying a gun.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Agent 47 wrote:
    SNIP I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad...The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless...
    Nothing like educatingamphibians!

    That was great!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    218

    Post imported post

    Agent 47 wrote:
    As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing.
    I'd like to shake that man's hand. Awesome statement.

  8. #8
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Interesting. I'm not sure insults will get you very far. Commenting on the driver's looks has nothing to do with her knowledge, or lack thereof of the law.

    Asking for a supervisor of course was the correct thing. And the "civil rights are showing" statement from the passenger was awesome. I've gotten more compliments about OCing riding the bus than I have anywhere else.

    All told I'm glad you didn't have any major problems...

  9. #9
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Agent 47 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    Glad to hear you had a good OC-day, Aaron. I hope they come more and more; with all the crap you've had dealt to you, you deserve some peaceful OC days.
    What's funny is I OC almost every day and absolutely nothing happens. The problem with only reporting when something goes bad is everyone assumes that the **** hits the fan every time someone steps foot outside their door carrying a gun.
    Yeah, I agree. I was ready to post a long thing on a Friday walk I took in Edmonds that was pretty uneventful, but decided against it. I may post it come Thursday, when I actually have time.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  10. #10
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    Lew wrote:
    Agent 47 wrote:
    As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing.
    I'd like to shake that man's hand. Awesome statement.
    That statement may boldly go into the OCDO hall of fame.
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing."
    I wish I could shake that guy's hand, as well as yours.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    Lew wrote:
    Agent 47 wrote:
    As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing.
    I'd like to shake that man's hand. Awesome statement.
    When I posted what I posted above, I honestly didn't see this first I'm with you man

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    Agent 47 wrote:
    So today I took Everett transit downtown to grab some lunch, the bus was late ( as always ) and when it arrived I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad. I boarded the bus, paid my fare and greeted the driver with "How's it going today?" She simply stared at me and did not reply. I made my way back and as I took my seat I glanced back to the front to see the driver staring at me in the mirror. I gave her a bit of a smile and she, In a loud voice, demanded, "are you a sheriff?!?!!" "No," I replied, "Just a citizen." She stabbed her finger at the door and demanded "Get off"."Excused me?"was my reply to which she said"you cannot have a gun on the bus, get off" I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the bus staying behind the yellow line leaning over I said "I think you had better call your supervisor." With a huff she plucked the radiomic from the dash and radioed dispatch. She started the conversation with"Ihave a guy with a gun on the bus, what should I do about it" The reply "what, like a rifle or a handgun?" The bus driver, "its a handgun" Dispatch Is he carrying it in his hand?"Bus driver "It is in a holster" Dispatch "there is nothing wrong with that, it's not illegal" The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless, she refused to look at me but shut the door and started to pull away. I walked back to my seat, several peopleon the bus simply acted as though they hadn't seen any of what just happened, one lady gave me aexasperated smile rolling her eyes at the bus driver. As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing." I spent the day walking around Everett I went to my bank to make a deposit, the tellers were friendly as always, and after I was done I took the bus back home. When I boarded the bus the driver did not say anything about my gun, I sat down and heard a hushed conversation several rows back. A guy was telling his friend "for all you know he is a security cop or a regular cop, I am not going to ask him because it is none of my freaking business." That ended their discussion on that topic and I got off at my stop. All together a good day It is obvious that a lot of the public knows carrying a gun is perfectly legal and contrary to what so many cops have tried to tell me people don't piss themselves every time they see a gun.


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    New T-shirt slogan, "I'm sorry, are my civil rights showing?"?

  15. #15
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    New T-shirt slogan, "I'm sorry, are my civil rights showing?"?
    We already have one that's simliar: http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry.68621710

    You can find that through the link at the top of any page on the site.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •