• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Booted from the bus

Agent 47

imported post

So today I took Everett transit downtown to grab some lunch, the bus was late ( as always ) and when it arrived I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad. I boarded the bus, paid my fare and greeted the driver with "How's it going today?" She simply stared at me and did not reply. I made my way back and as I took my seat I glanced back to the front to see the driver staring at me in the mirror. I gave her a bit of a smile and she, In a loud voice, demanded, "are you a sheriff?!?!!" "No," I replied, "Just a citizen." She stabbed her finger at the door and demanded "Get off"."Excused me?"was my reply to which she said"you cannot have a gun on the bus, get off" I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the bus staying behind the yellow line leaning over I said "I think you had better call your supervisor." With a huff she plucked the radiomic from the dash and radioed dispatch. She started the conversation with"Ihave a guy with a gun on the bus, what should I do about it" The reply "what, like a rifle or a handgun?" The bus driver, "its a handgun" Dispatch Is he carrying it in his hand?"Bus driver "It is in a holster" Dispatch "there is nothing wrong with that, it's not illegal" The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless, she refused to look at me but shut the door and started to pull away. I walked back to my seat, several peopleon the bus simply acted as though they hadn't seen any of what just happened, one lady gave me aexasperated smile rolling her eyes at the bus driver. As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing." I spent the day walking around Everett I went to my bank to make a deposit, the tellers were friendly as always, and after I was done I took the bus back home. When I boarded the bus the driver did not say anything about my gun, I sat down and heard a hushed conversation several rows back. A guy was telling his friend "for all you know he is a security cop or a regular cop, I am not going to ask him because it is none of my freaking business." That ended their discussion on that topic and I got off at my stop. All together a good day It is obvious that a lot of the public knows carrying a gun is perfectly legal and contrary to what so many cops have tried to tell me people don't piss themselves every time they see a gun.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Nice. Public relations and education at its finest.

I also like the response from the guy who said it was"none ofmy freaking business". Youre damn right it aint your business- I'd give him a gold star for simply recognizing truth.

just_a_car

imported post

Glad to hear you had a good OC-day, Aaron. I hope they come more and more; with all the crap you've had dealt to you, you deserve some peaceful OC days.

Agent 47

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Glad to hear you had a good OC-day, Aaron. I hope they come more and more; with all the crap you've had dealt to you, you deserve some peaceful OC days.
What's funny is I OC almost every day and absolutely nothing happens. The problem with only reporting when something goes bad is everyone assumes that the shit hits the fan every time someone steps foot outside their door carrying a gun.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
SNIP I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad...The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless...
Nothing like educatingamphibians!

That was great!

Lew

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing.
I'd like to shake that man's hand. Awesome statement.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Interesting. I'm not sure insults will get you very far. Commenting on the driver's looks has nothing to do with her knowledge, or lack thereof of the law.

Asking for a supervisor of course was the correct thing. And the "civil rights are showing" statement from the passenger was awesome. I've gotten more compliments about OCing riding the bus than I have anywhere else.

All told I'm glad you didn't have any major problems...

just_a_car

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
What's funny is I OC almost every day and absolutely nothing happens. The problem with only reporting when something goes bad is everyone assumes that the shit hits the fan every time someone steps foot outside their door carrying a gun.
Yeah, I agree. I was ready to post a long thing on a Friday walk I took in Edmonds that was pretty uneventful, but decided against it. I may post it come Thursday, when I actually have time.

Flintlock

imported post

Lew wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing.
That statement may boldly go into the OCDO hall of fame.

thewise1

imported post

Lew wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
When I posted what I posted above, I honestly didn't see this first :) I'm with you man

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
So today I took Everett transit downtown to grab some lunch, the bus was late ( as always ) and when it arrived I was greeted by a female driver possessing ruffly the appearance and disposition of a toad. I boarded the bus, paid my fare and greeted the driver with "How's it going today?" She simply stared at me and did not reply. I made my way back and as I took my seat I glanced back to the front to see the driver staring at me in the mirror. I gave her a bit of a smile and she, In a loud voice, demanded, "are you a sheriff?!?!!" "No," I replied, "Just a citizen." She stabbed her finger at the door and demanded "Get off"."Excused me?"was my reply to which she said"you cannot have a gun on the bus, get off" I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the bus staying behind the yellow line leaning over I said "I think you had better call your supervisor." With a huff she plucked the radiomic from the dash and radioed dispatch. She started the conversation with"Ihave a guy with a gun on the bus, what should I do about it" The reply "what, like a rifle or a handgun?" The bus driver, "its a handgun" Dispatch Is he carrying it in his hand?"Bus driver "It is in a holster" Dispatch "there is nothing wrong with that, it's not illegal" The look on the bus drivers puffy face was priceless, she refused to look at me but shut the door and started to pull away. I walked back to my seat, several peopleon the bus simply acted as though they hadn't seen any of what just happened, one lady gave me aexasperated smile rolling her eyes at the bus driver. As I sat down a man sitting across the isle said, "Be careful, your civil rights are showing." I spent the day walking around Everett I went to my bank to make a deposit, the tellers were friendly as always, and after I was done I took the bus back home. When I boarded the bus the driver did not say anything about my gun, I sat down and heard a hushed conversation several rows back. A guy was telling his friend "for all you know he is a security cop or a regular cop, I am not going to ask him because it is none of my freaking business." That ended their discussion on that topic and I got off at my stop. All together a good day It is obvious that a lot of the public knows carrying a gun is perfectly legal and contrary to what so many cops have tried to tell me people don't piss themselves every time they see a gun.
:lol: