Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NorCal Open Carry Meet and Greet

Post imported post

In emulating CA_Libertarians playbook,I'd like to put out an open invitation to lawful unlicensed open carriers for a meet and greet in Superior California- including but not limited to Shasta, Trinity, Tehama, and Siskiyou counties.

The goal is to contact and foster relationships with activists and advocates of lawful open carry even in areas percieved to be permissive in licensing.

Our meet and greet would be conducted in the vicinity of Redding at a location to be determined and a date and timeto be announced. Participation in open carry is not required, but you will need to be a registered member of OpenCarry.org.

Depending on the type ofturnout, we may discuss efforts of 'defense walks' in our communities and use these opportunities to educate the public on lawful carry.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

pleas keep me informed as i would like to attend thank you Nick

Post imported post

I want to attend too

Post imported post

Dang, too bad I'm leaving on the 16th for Army Basic. I'd love to go to something like this! I grew up in Seiad Valley, a little town of about 350 in Siskiyou County. I live in Oregon now but it's only like a two and half or three hour drive from Medford to Redding. If one of these is every going on while I'm around I'd DEFINITELY attend.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

This is a great effort - start planning meetups where loaded OC is lawful (unincorp. areas where shotting is not explicitly banned by the county). Have nice get togethers, invite the press.

State Researcher

Post imported post

If you can make it a lunch get-together on July 4th I could make it. I will be driving through at about noon that day on my way to a family reunion in OR.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

does the mean this is a sticky thread?

CA section's first sticky?! Could it be? How do we get our information threads stickied?

Speaking of which... they're due for a bump I think...
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    does the mean this is a sticky thread?

CA section's first sticky?! Could it be? How do we get our information threads stickied?

Speaking of which... they're due for a bump I think...
    Yes - I stickied it - I also stickied a Michigan thread about a get together this weekend. it is stikied at the top of the entire forum along with about 7 other threads - go to forum, and hit the botton "see recent."

We cannot yet sticky threads within state discussion section - just across the board stiky. John and I are working on options.

Anyway, let's move forward with as many state Open Carry sociasl groups as possible - for Cal - you are so big you might as well have an OpenCarry SOCAL and OpenCarry NORCAL and maybe even OpenCarry NAPA!

And make sure you invite a reporterr to these open csrry events to document your rights being exercised!

Post imported post

Is any date established yet??

Post imported post

I am also interested in this event as long as it stays positive.

I went to something way back when, and a Dumba$$ I know (sorry Jack ) lit a UN flag on fire and made the paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for the UN, just bad press.

Post imported post

Its nice to see interest in the topic of open carry. My demonstration of open carry has and will always be a peacable demonstration of a right. What I cannot guarantee is the reactions of those observers, including the media and how they interpret my actions. I am not a 'flag burner'.

I hope to pull an event together with a small number ofattendees on a weekend in July. Only those commited to attending will be notified of the time and location.Participation in open carryis not suggested for those who are licensed by any authorityto carry concealed in the State of California. If you do participate in open carry in conjunction with this event, you do so at your own risk and it is expected that you will do so according to the limitations of California law. In spite of the obvious conotations, there will be no 'cowboys' or 'gunslingers'.

More to come...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I'm so in for a meeting. I'm moving up to Monterey Bay in August for school, so before that I won't be able to make it, but afterward you can count on me showing up everytime.

And regarding the press the Los Angeles Times did a nice piece on Open Carry, thats how I got to learn about this website in the first place. I thought it definetly leaned in favor of Open Carry in the sense that they interviewd more people for it than against it.

Post imported post

I watched the video also. It was done in an un-bias way. I was surprised, considering who aired it.

I hope the momentum continues and does not fade away. The "Heller" decision should be the catalyst for getting all of our gun rights back. The liberal left took a slap in the eye byHeller and should be slapped again and again

I live in LA county and cannot make the event, but support it whole heartedly. :celebrate

Post imported post

Been away from the board for awhile (computer crashed).... would love to attend. Sounds like a great idea!!

Im in Cottonwood and work in Redding, planning to begin open carry soon.

Post imported post

Let me know of any more details too, when they arise. I live in Redding and work in the intermountain area, and almost always have weekends off. I would be interested in attending such an event.

Post imported post

Friends of the 2nd,

I'd like to propose Saturday, July 19th, 2008 as Superior California's first annual "Open Carry Meet and Greet".

Time and location will only be announced to registered members of OpenCarry.org via private message. There are some specific criteron that may apply if you intend on being a particpant.Please ask what these limitations are before planning to arrive armed.Everyone will be expectedto comply with the law.Numbers in attendance will have a direct influence over the venue that is selected- If we have a strong family attendance, I will likely overlook restaurants as a possible meeting location.

Edited to add; After only receiving one RSVP for the Saturday meetup and about a week to the proposed date, I am open todiscussion about alternative dates. Please let me know if you are willing to attend and when- and I will work out the details as to where.

www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Keep me posted on the new date, I would like to support it.

Post imported post

This event is postponed.

I have some interested attendees, however between what is going on with the wildfires and my work obligations I dont think this date is feasable for all involved.

I will try to update this post as new information becomes available.

www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

thanks 3, keep us in the loop.

Activist Member

Post imported post

I might be passing through Redding soon. I probably wouldn't be able to go even if it were on the same day I was passing through as I have to be in Arcata at a certain time, but for the sake of curiosity I'll be watching this thread in case a new date is posted.

Edit: (already passed through the24th &25th.)

Post imported post

Hello everyone,

I'm also interested in a getting together. Please keep me informed as to the specifics. Thank you.

Post imported post

I would be willing to make the trip up from Central Cal, keep me in the loop!

Post imported post

HI Condition Three,

Yeah keep me Informed also, I have a friend in Redding I can stay over night at.

I could make it before it snows and the roads gets bad.

Maybe you could set one get together up, in September about the middle.

See ya later buddy ! Robin47

Post imported post

After cooperating with the Cal Guns Foundation's request to temporarily suspend unloaded open carry, I am now resuming my liberty activities.

In commemoration of Constitution Day (September 17th 2008) I would like to propose an open carry event on Saturday, September 20th. The location and time to be determined.

Here is the attendance criterion;

• Participation in exposed carry is voluntary and at your own risk. You are not required to open carry to attend.
    • It is your personal responsibility to know the law and act within it. By attending or participating you will be expected to conduct yourself lawfully and with the courtesy of ladies and gentlemen.
    • Those licensed in the State of California to carrya concealed firearm may attend, but theymust carry concealed. Regardless of what you believe, a CCW is a form of gun control- If you do something that the issuing agency doesnt like, just keep in mind that it is easier for them to take it away, than it was to give it to you.

I have a couple of venues in mind. The selection however depends on the variety of attendees and participation we have. I will chose a different venue if we have a bunch ofgun toting menshowing up than if we have a mixed group or families showing up. So you will need to let me know not only if you are attending (showing up), participating (asto whether you will be openly armed)and who will be with you.

I want to encourage those who have cameras and other recording equipment to be sure to bring it along to use it.

Please RSVP by sending me a PM on or before Monday, September 15th.

www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

That's what I like to see! Right back in action, just like that 6 week hiatus never happened!

I'll be driving up I5 or Hwy99 from Modesto. PM me if you live along the route and want to carpool.

Don't Tread On Me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast