• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NorCal Open Carry Meet and Greet

Patriot777

imported post

Hello everyone,

I'm also interested in a getting together. Please keep me informed as to the specifics. Thank you.

Robin47

imported post

HI Condition Three,

Yeah keep me Informed also, I have a friend in Redding I can stay over night at.

I could make it before it snows and the roads gets bad.

Maybe you could set one get together up, in September about the middle.

See ya later buddy ! Robin47

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

After cooperating with the Cal Guns Foundation's request to temporarily suspend unloaded open carry, I am now resuming my liberty activities.

In commemoration of Constitution Day (September 17th 2008) I would like to propose an open carry event on Saturday, September 20th. The location and time to be determined.

Here is the attendance criterion;

• Participation in exposed carry is voluntary and at your own risk. You are not required to open carry to attend.
  • It is your personal responsibility to know the law and act within it. By attending or participating you will be expected to conduct yourself lawfully and with the courtesy of ladies and gentlemen.
  • Those licensed in the State of California to carrya concealed firearm may attend, but theymust carry concealed. Regardless of what you believe, a CCW is a form of gun control- If you do something that the issuing agency doesnt like, just keep in mind that it is easier for them to take it away, than it was to give it to you.
I have a couple of venues in mind. The selection however depends on the variety of attendees and participation we have. I will chose a different venue if we have a bunch ofgun toting menshowing up than if we have a mixed group or families showing up. So you will need to let me know not only if you are attending (showing up), participating (asto whether you will be openly armed)and who will be with you.

I want to encourage those who have cameras and other recording equipment to be sure to bring it along to use it.

Please RSVP by sending me a PM on or before Monday, September 15th.

Robin47

imported post

HI All !

Im going to try to make it, when I know where and when.

"However" my Daughter is going to have Dental Surgery right around that time.

"Bummer" ! 4 Wisdom teeth out at once ! Her appointment is on the 23ed.

I won't be carrying to the meet and greet. I'll have to keep in touch with "Condition Three" as to time and place ETC !

I DO want to be there though ! See YA ! Robin47

A Calif CCW

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would like to know when and where this will take place. I live in Chico and would like to attend.

I understand it might be in Redding. Is this true?

Any information would be helpful.

RD

camsoup

imported post

Just checking to see if you received my IM, ConditionThree?

Also, glad to hear there are quite a few people interested in attending!

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

The following have RSVP'd;

JB Nor Cal +1
A Calif CCW
Camsoup+1

CA_Libertarian also publically announced his intent to join us.

The lunchtime venue will be announced tomorrow via PM or e-mail.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I had the pleasure of meeting and shaking the hands of some good people today- everyone who RSVP'd showed- but did not bring guests.

Thank you JB Nor Cal, A Calif CCW, and Camsoup for taking some time out of your busy weekends to allow us all to place a face with a screen name.

I decidedon having us meet at a 'safe' location- Player'sPizza inAnderson is a long time haunt of mine and after explaining my intent to have a 'open carry' meet up, the managementindicated they had no issue with such a gathering at their location.The venue was not remarkably busy- there were perhaps 4 or 5 other customers present during our 2 and a half hour luncheon and no one other thanour attendeesacknowledged thefact that I wasopenlyarmed.

Our conversation covered a number of topics-laws, strategies,relevant anecdotes...

A Calif CCW forwarded the idea thatanlaminated index card with penal code citations would be a valuable asset for thosedetermined to open carry. I agree- and will try totruncate the information to fit- perhaps this could also be used as a means of advertising the movement.

I suggested that a group ofopen carriers could emulateNew Hampshire's litter clean up. But I did forget to get feedback on defense walks in places like the Sacramento River Trail (in the areas where it is lawful).

Letter campaigns and networking also came up,as well as thepreference of a outdoor park venue.I had considered such a venue- however our turn out was light, and had no family element.

I hope toorganize more of these get togethers, butI will be pushing for a collective effortto increaseparticipation.Pleasestay tuned for new action alerts.

Robin47

imported post

HI Condition Three,

Yeah glad it was a success the meet up and greet.

The laminated card sounds good also, with the PC codes on it.

If you could make is small enough or we could shrink it down to size

we could copy it, and then laminate our own.

See ya all later ! Robin47

camsoup

imported post

It was a pleasure meeting you and A Calif CCW, I look forward to attending more events. Hope more can join us the next time. :exclaim:

Keep me informed for what you have planned on the 4th!