• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NorCal Open Carry Meet and Greet

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

In emulating CA_Libertarians playbook,I'd like to put out an open invitation to lawful unlicensed open carriers for a meet and greet in Superior California- including but not limited to Shasta, Trinity, Tehama, and Siskiyou counties.

The goal is to contact and foster relationships with activists and advocates of lawful open carry even in areas percieved to be permissive in licensing.

Our meet and greet would be conducted in the vicinity of Redding at a location to be determined and a date and timeto be announced. Participation in open carry is not required, but you will need to be a registered member of OpenCarry.org.

Depending on the type ofturnout, we may discuss efforts of 'defense walks' in our communities and use these opportunities to educate the public on lawful carry.

nickhi

imported post

pleas keep me informed as i would like to attend thank you Nick

David West

imported post

Dang, too bad I'm leaving on the 16th for Army Basic. I'd love to go to something like this! I grew up in Seiad Valley, a little town of about 350 in Siskiyou County. I live in Oregon now but it's only like a two and half or three hour drive from Medford to Redding. If one of these is every going on while I'm around I'd DEFINITELY attend.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This is a great effort - start planning meetups where loaded OC is lawful (unincorp. areas where shotting is not explicitly banned by the county). Have nice get togethers, invite the press.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

does the
topic_important.gif
mean this is a sticky thread?

CA section's first sticky?! Could it be? How do we get our information threads stickied?

Speaking of which... they're due for a bump I think...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
does the
topic_important.gif
mean this is a sticky thread?

CA section's first sticky?! Could it be? How do we get our information threads stickied?

Speaking of which... they're due for a bump I think...
Yes - I stickied it - I also stickied a Michigan thread about a get together this weekend. it is stikied at the top of the entire forum along with about 7 other threads - go to forum, and hit the botton "see recent."

We cannot yet sticky threads within state discussion section - just across the board stiky. John and I are working on options.

Anyway, let's move forward with as many state Open Carry sociasl groups as possible - for Cal - you are so big you might as well have an OpenCarry SOCAL and OpenCarry NORCAL and maybe even OpenCarry NAPA!

And make sure you invite a reporterr to these open csrry events to document your rights being exercised!

JB-Norcal

imported post

I am also interested in this event as long as it stays positive.

I went to something way back when, and a Dumba$$ I know (sorry Jack ;)) lit a UN flag on fire and made the paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for the UN, just bad press.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Its nice to see interest in the topic of open carry. My demonstration of open carry has and will always be a peacable demonstration of a right. What I cannot guarantee is the reactions of those observers, including the media and how they interpret my actions. I am not a 'flag burner'.

I hope to pull an event together with a small number ofattendees on a weekend in July. Only those commited to attending will be notified of the time and location.Participation in open carryis not suggested for those who are licensed by any authorityto carry concealed in the State of California. If you do participate in open carry in conjunction with this event, you do so at your own risk and it is expected that you will do so according to the limitations of California law. In spite of the obvious conotations, there will be no 'cowboys' or 'gunslingers'.

More to come...

youngtusk87

imported post

I'm so in for a meeting. I'm moving up to Monterey Bay in August for school, so before that I won't be able to make it, but afterward you can count on me showing up everytime.

And regarding the press the Los Angeles Times did a nice piece on Open Carry, thats how I got to learn about this website in the first place. I thought it definetly leaned in favor of Open Carry in the sense that they interviewd more people for it than against it.

Dirtbos

imported post

I watched the video also. It was done in an un-bias way. I was surprised, considering who aired it.

I hope the momentum continues and does not fade away. The "Heller" decision should be the catalyst for getting all of our gun rights back. The liberal left took a slap in the eye byHeller and should be slapped again and again

I live in LA county and cannot make the event, but support it whole heartedly. :celebrate

camsoup

imported post

Been away from the board for awhile (computer crashed).... would love to attend. Sounds like a great idea!!

Im in Cottonwood and work in Redding, planning to begin open carry soon.

jbird33

imported post

Let me know of any more details too, when they arise. I live in Redding and work in the intermountain area, and almost always have weekends off. I would be interested in attending such an event.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Friends of the 2nd,

I'd like to propose Saturday, July 19th, 2008 as Superior California's first annual "Open Carry Meet and Greet".

Time and location will only be announced to registered members of OpenCarry.org via private message. There are some specific criteron that may apply if you intend on being a particpant.Please ask what these limitations are before planning to arrive armed.Everyone will be expectedto comply with the law.Numbers in attendance will have a direct influence over the venue that is selected- If we have a strong family attendance, I will likely overlook restaurants as a possible meeting location.

Edited to add; After only receiving one RSVP for the Saturday meetup and about a week to the proposed date, I am open todiscussion about alternative dates. Please let me know if you are willing to attend and when- and I will work out the details as to where.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

This event is postponed.

I have some interested attendees, however between what is going on with the wildfires and my work obligations I dont think this date is feasable for all involved.

I will try to update this post as new information becomes available.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I might be passing through Redding soon. I probably wouldn't be able to go even if it were on the same day I was passing through as I have to be in Arcata at a certain time, but for the sake of curiosity I'll be watching this thread in case a new date is posted.

Edit: (already passed through the24th &25th.)