Thread: Man dies after shootout with London Police

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354341,00.html

LONDON — Police say a suspected gunman has died after trading fire with officers while holed up in a house in a wealthy west London neighborhood.[/b]

Marksmen from Britain's Metropolitan police laid siege to the house in Markham Square in the affluent area of Chelsea for four hours Tuesday after reports of a man firing shots in a house there shortly before 5 p.m.

Armed police exchanged gunfire several times with the man who later died, a police spokesman said on condition of anonymity in line with force policy.

The spokesman said he could not say whether the man was shot dead by officers because an investigation was being opened by Britain's police watchdog, the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Just curious... what is the purpose for posting this???

Post imported post

The spokesman said he could not say whether the man was shot dead by officers because an investigation was being opened by Britain's police watchdog, the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
    It would suck to be a bobby in jolly ol' England at this point in history. Of course it sucks to be a subject in jolly ol' England at this point in history.

*I think Flintlock posted it as an example of bogus reporting. Clearly, since the people in England have been disarmed, no one could have been shooting at the poilce so this must be a fabricated report.

On the other hand he may have posted it as an example of score one for the good guys. LEO takes out shooter following "seige" (hey, that's what the article called it).
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    I was simply shocked... :shock:Guns are severly restricted or bannedin London and yet the police still have a shootout with an armed criminal... How could this be true...

My point was to show an example of how guns laws don't work, criminals still get them and use them,and it promotes healthy self-defense discussion on a gun carrying forum such as this..

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    I was simply shocked... :shock:Guns are severly restricted or bannedin London and yet the police still have a shootout with an armed criminal... How could this be true...

My point was to show an example of how guns laws don't work, criminals still get them and use them,and it promotes healthy self-defense discussion on a gun carrying forum such as this..
    Preaching to the choir... We all know that.

Post imported post

Aren't some/most of the police also disarmed in the UK?

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    What is the purpose of your line of questioning? A bit superciliousness, is it not?

Forgive me for having the audacity to post a thread that may have informationthat you or others may already know and for attempting to create dialogue on a defense related topic for all to discuss...

Nobody forces you to read all the threads and most certainly nobody forces you to post.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Not Since mid 2002 (gradualy got more common since).

and the vast majority of them are unfortunitly increadably trigger happy.
    (not to mention that they are usualy armed with Full-auto MP5's or G36's as well as a Glock 19 or USP 9mm)

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    What is the purpose of your line of questioning? A bit superciliousness, is it not?

Forgive me for having the audacity to post a thread that may have informationthat you or others may already know and for attempting to create dialogue on a defense related topic for all to discuss...

Nobody forces you to read all the threads and most certainly nobody forces you to post.
    What seems to be your boggle?

You know that I am all over this board... and how do I not read the very first post of a new thread and know ahead of time what it is about. I would have to have special powers to know before I know and then not go there.

I asked a question... you answered.. Why are you so defensive now?

You posted something and did not explain why. You left it open for people to wonder why and I asked. I think everyone on this board knows me by now and that I am very vocal.

Don't go getting mad if I ask why. It was a valid question.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

IBTZ

In Before The Zot! (For my/our purposes here, a zot is thread locking by an anonymous moderator - which the owner has every right to allow.)

This thread is at risk of being zotted. "Use the force, Luke!"

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Not Since mid 2002 (gradualy got more common since).

and the vast majority of them are unfortunitly increadably trigger happy.
    (not to mention that they are usualy armed with Full-auto MP5's or G36's as well as a Glock 19 or USP 9mm)
    Hmm alright. I was wondering how a shootout was possible with only one side's having guns...