Thread: Has things changed in the cities that you OC in

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?

Post imported post

I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:
    I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.
    Ah, but we haven't yet begun to really work on Centralia. Folks in other cities have had some serious paradigm shifts.

Post imported post

well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.

Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.

Post imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
    From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?
    Nothing. People still don't care, LEO's don't bother me, and criminals still commit crimes... but I feel a lot safer with the Glock on my side.

Post imported post

Boy, do i wish i was in LV.

Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

Then followed me out to my car, and watched me leave.

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:
    well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.

Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.

Sheesh, you have friends everywhere!

Seriously, though, it's good to have a network like that. If we have a OC meetup here, it'll pay dividends that we each know a local cop.

Any news from your cop friend?

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:

I'm thinking we should support that establishment with our money for their support of our rights!

Maybe a lunch there in June with a dinner BBQ at a local park? That way anyone that can't make the Lunch or Dinner can maybe make the other one.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :Panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.

But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.

A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:
    I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :Panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.

But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.

A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.
    Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.

Post imported post

So centralia's motto.. We'll be there in person .....No matter how long it takes.

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:
    (snip)
    No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).

Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.
    No worries, if there's a call on us, hopefully they'll be cordial and professional as I would expect any law officer to be. Heck, if they've got the time to take a lunch/dinner break, they're welcome to join us.

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Most of the centralia LEO's that i have ran into, for whatever reason have been fairly understanding, and mostly professional. I can't imagine we would have too awful of problems.

Good food, good people. and good additudes, are all i need!

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).
    That's good by me. My OC-type piece is out for repairs and it should be back by then.

Looking forward to loosing my OC virginity!

Post imported post

Good news, Im on leave! I can do an OC lunch, dinner whenever anyone else can.

Post imported post

phil teters wrote:

Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    phil teters wrote:

Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.
    It's only against the law without a permit.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40