Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Has things changed in the cities that you OC in

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    599

    Post imported post

    From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

    Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.
    Ah, but we haven't yet begun to really work on Centralia. Folks in other cities have had some serious paradigm shifts.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.



    Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    Alwayspacking wrote:
    From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

    Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?
    Nothing. People still don't care, LEO's don't bother me, and criminals still commit crimes... but I feel a lot safer with the Glock on my side.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    Boy, do i wish i was in LV.



    Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

    Then followed me out to my car, and watched me leave.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.



    Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.

    Sheesh, you have friends everywhere!

    Seriously, though, it's good to have a network like that. If we have a OC meetup here, it'll pay dividends that we each know a local cop.

    Any news from your cop friend?

  8. #8
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.



    Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.
    I'm thinking we should support that establishment with our money for their support of our rights!

    Maybe a lunch there in June with a dinner BBQ at a local park? That way anyone that can't make the Lunch or Dinner can maybe make the other one.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :Panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

    I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

    and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.



    But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.



    A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :Panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

    I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

    and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.



    But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.



    A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.
    Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    So centralia's motto.. We'll be there in person .....No matter how long it takes.

  12. #12
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    (snip)
    A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.
    No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).

    Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.
    No worries, if there's a call on us, hopefully they'll be cordial and professional as I would expect any law officer to be. Heck, if they've got the time to take a lunch/dinner break, they're welcome to join us.

    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    Most of the centralia LEO's that i have ran into, for whatever reason have been fairly understanding, and mostly professional. I can't imagine we would have too awful of problems.



    Good food, good people. and good additudes, are all i need!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).
    That's good by me. My OC-type piece is out for repairs and it should be back by then.

    Looking forward to loosing my OC virginity!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ASA, Russia.
    Posts
    217

    Post imported post

    Good news, Im on leave! I can do an OC lunch, dinner whenever anyone else can.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    phil teters wrote:
    Boy, do i wish i was in LV.



    Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

    Then followed me out to my car, and watched me leave.
    Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    phil teters wrote:
    Boy, do i wish i was in LV.



    Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

    Then followed me out to my car, and watched me leave.
    Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.
    It's only against the law without a permit.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •