• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has things changed in the cities that you OC in

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?

Guest1650

imported post

I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.

t3rmin

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I don't feel that anything has changed, thus far; centralia will always have those 'gung -ho' officers that see this as a situationfor panic, and not education.
Ah, but we haven't yet begun to really work on Centralia. Folks in other cities have had some serious paradigm shifts.

Guest1650

imported post

well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.

Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
From the time you first started OCing, what has, if anything; have you seen changed in the residents, LEO's and the businesses of Washington?

Do you feel that from the time you started Ocing up till now that it is not so much of a OMG factor anymore, that the LOE's are now more informed about OCing or, are things still the same?
Nothing. People still don't care, LEO's don't bother me, and criminals still commit crimes... but I feel a lot safer with the Glock on my side.

Guest1650

imported post

Boy, do i wish i was in LV.

Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

Then followed me out to my car, and watched me leave.

t3rmin

imported post

phil teters wrote:
well.. being that i live here, and unfortunatly only blocks from the centralia PD. i anticipate alot of contact, either good, or bad. But givin the scenario that was explained to me. Ill be soon serching for legal defense.

Also for anyone keeping up on this policy. I talked to my friend, she works at country cousins. Open. is A-OK. there.
Sheesh, you have friends everywhere! :lol:

Seriously, though, it's good to have a network like that. If we have a OC meetup here, it'll pay dividends that we each know a local cop.

Any news from your cop friend?

just_a_car

imported post

phil teters wrote:

I'm thinking we should support that establishment with our money for their support of our rights!

Maybe a lunch there in June with a dinner BBQ at a local park? That way anyone that can't make the Lunch or Dinner can maybe make the other one.

Guest1650

imported post

I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.

But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.

A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.

t3rmin

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I ran into my friend (officer) at starbucks, I know. go figure. :panyways. I told him, that myself and others are planning an OC meet up. and his main concern was that it was going to be some sort of riot, or rights walk. I told him, nothing of the sort was going to be happening, Im not sure he understood the motives of what i had said. because he fired back with 'Then why not just conceal?'

I told him he wasnt reading me clear, with a laugh. he said. he supports people who want to carry, either way. ' because of all the crime, i would too, and i would suggest anyone do it.'

and baysically if someone were to call on us. OC'ers. Personally he wouldnt be alarmed at all, and would most likely dismiss the call.

But ultimately, it isnt his choice. so i say, Carry on.

A side note. Ill be on pre deployment training untill mid - late june. After all the longer we wait, the warmer the weather, and better reason to OC.
Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.

just_a_car

imported post

phil teters wrote:
(snip)
No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).

Sorry to jack this thread, but one additional note. Centralia PD policy is to respond in person to every call, no matter how small.
No worries, if there's a call on us, hopefully they'll be cordial and professional as I would expect any law officer to be. Heck, if they've got the time to take a lunch/dinner break, they're welcome to join us.
:monkey

Guest1650

imported post

Most of the centralia LEO's that i have ran into, for whatever reason have been fairly understanding, and mostly professional. I can't imagine we would have too awful of problems.

Good food, good people. and good additudes, are all i need!

t3rmin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
No worries, we always shoot for the third Sunday of the month, so that would be the 15th of June, due to the 1st being on a Sunday. I'm sure we could push it back to the 22nd if you can't make the 15th, since you're the one that invited us down that way (plus, there's 5 Sundays in June).
That's good by me. My OC-type piece is out for repairs and it should be back by then.

Looking forward to loosing my OC virginity! :dude:

Bear 45/70

imported post

phil teters wrote:

Ive been flipped crap. because my holster was showing through my shirt, On a total CC. Wanted to see my permit, and get my name.. the whole nine yards.

Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
phil teters wrote:

Wasn't aware that the was a law against printing while CCing. Must be something new.
It's only against the law without a permit.:lol: