• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission: Time to comment on the half-baked proposed Nat.Park gun ban repeal!

Flintlock

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
UTOC and Flintlock - guess you are part of the "glass is half-empty" crowd.

As of this morning, the number of comments is 6,670. The comment period ends June 30, 2008, so plenty of time to increase that number.

Let's keep piling on. Ask folks on other pro-freedom websites to comment.

Heck, comment again. You may have forgotten a salient point in your first comment.:lol:

I'll keep checking this, especialy on July 1.

I'm not trying to be negative, it's just thatthere are over 5,000 members on this board alone and only 6670 comments total... That seems drastically low to me.

I have indeed asked others on at least three other forums to comment and I believe it has made a difference, albeit small.. I know there are other organizations out there trying to debunk this intiative and I was hoping we would speak with overwhelming forcebut that has yet to occurr. Hopefully, things will change...

steamnsteel

imported post

If this ruling applies as worded in your letter, then Tennessee would still not be able to carry in the NP. As I understand it, the law states that puiblic parks, national forests and wild life refuges are off limits. But consider it done with wording changed.

XD Owner

imported post

For those wondering, just over 9,000 comments now. Still have until June 30 to comment on this proposal.