Thread: Camping

Post imported post

Anyone in here know of some awesome camp sites? Really what I'm looking for is a off the beatin path type place to pitch a tent, pull out the AR and hand guns, and do a lil shooting, all while enjoying nature, using a tree as my bathroom, washing my face with rain water, and scaring the S*** out of my girlfriend with ghosts and bears that linger around the area..

I have a full size SUV and a full size pickup, which are both pretty dang good for offroading, or if anything, a F150 from enterprise with insurance package should do

Just a weekend trip, two nights, 3 day type deal, so no where too far from the Cherry Creek/Denver area..

(The highway to nature..but where???)

Post imported post

On the Peak-to-Peak Highway (CO-72) between Nederland and Ward, about a dozen miles northwest of Boulder, is a place in the Arapahoe National Forest called Dick Campgrounds. It's run by the National Forest, has some off-roading places for your truck, and has both traditional campsites and trails to head off into the forest for something more out of the way. And since they're a National Forest, all you have to do is get 150 yards away from campsites/roads/bodies of water, find a backstop, and let the AR do its thing!

Last time I was up there was September, with the Garand, shotgun, 1911, and SAA in tow, and had a great time. The cost for the traditional sites are $10/site/night; I don't know if they charge for just going out into the woods, but I stuffed the money in the slot after hours to be sure.

Post imported post

HA!!! I was gonna recommend those parts!!! Plus it's an awesome cruise up Rt 6 from Golden, thru Blackhawk, Nederland, end up in Estes Park and do the Ghost Tour of the Stanley Hotel.
    I freakin love Estes Park, reminds me of New Hope in PA.