• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping

Adamdude04

imported post

Anyone in here know of some awesome camp sites? Really what I'm looking for is a off the beatin path type place to pitch a tent, pull out the AR and hand guns, and do a lil shooting, all while enjoying nature, using a tree as my bathroom, washing my face with rain water, and scaring the S*** out of my girlfriend with ghosts and bears that linger around the area..

I have a full size SUV and a full size pickup, which are both pretty dang good for offroading, or if anything, a F150 from enterprise with insurance package should do ;)

Just a weekend trip, two nights, 3 day type deal, so no where too far from the Cherry Creek/Denver area..

(The highway to nature..but where???)
l_13695f0c2f2e44e96560437efd10fe6e.jpg

denwego

imported post

On the Peak-to-Peak Highway (CO-72) between Nederland and Ward, about a dozen miles northwest of Boulder, is a place in the Arapahoe National Forest called Dick Campgrounds. It's run by the National Forest, has some off-roading places for your truck, and has both traditional campsites and trails to head off into the forest for something more out of the way. And since they're a National Forest, all you have to do is get 150 yards away from campsites/roads/bodies of water, find a backstop, and let the AR do its thing!

Last time I was up there was September, with the Garand, shotgun, 1911, and SAA in tow, and had a great time. The cost for the traditional sites are $10/site/night; I don't know if they charge for just going out into the woods, but I stuffed the money in the slot after hours to be sure.

Evil Ernie

imported post

HA!!! I was gonna recommend those parts!!! Plus it's an awesome cruise up Rt 6 from Golden, thru Blackhawk, Nederland, end up in Estes Park and do the Ghost Tour of the Stanley Hotel.
I freakin love Estes Park, reminds me of New Hope in PA.