Thread: IWB Holsters

Post imported post

Planning to get one, but not sure which to get, and I'd like to avoid spending more than $70.

one I have been looking at recently online is thos safariland one.
    http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=27

but like I said I'm not sure which to get.

Any recommendations/Advice would be appreciated.

Post imported post

I am very interested in see this as well. I mean I don't want to OC all the time.

Post imported post

I don't like J-hooks, like on the holster that you linked, because the gun will ride on the pants instead of on the belt.

I would recommend getting an IWB with adjustable cant, everyday I wish mine had the ability to angle forward a bit.

I am planning on getting the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe as soon as I have a bit of cash, I have heard nothing but good things about it and it has adjustable depth and cant.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I have a galco with a J-hook that I never use because I don't like it. The weight of the firearm is completely suspended on the pants, which I assure you is NOT comfortable. The J-hook also does NOT keep the holster from shifting and tilting nearly as well as you would want it to.

After researching and shopping around a whole lot, I actually settled on, believe it or not, Uncle Mike's. http://www.unclemikes.com/products/i..._holsters.html I bought it when it was on sale for $5. I figured the worst that could happen is that it'd be horrible and I'd be out $5. I've been using it for my IWB carry ever since!

I dunno about you, but personally I've decided I can't comfortably carry IWB unless it's a single-stack firearm. What kind of gun are you planning on carrying?

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    I dunno about you, but personally I've decided I can't comfortably carry IWB unless it's a single-stack firearm. What kind of gun are you planning on carrying?
    Glock 22.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    After researching and shopping around a whole lot, I actually settled on, believe it or not, Uncle Mike's. http://www.unclemikes.com/products/i..._holsters.html I bought it when it was on sale for $5. I figured the worst that could happen is that it'd be horrible and I'd be out $5. I've been using it for my IWB carry ever since!
    One of my best friends has one of those he carried in for quite a while. When I looking for an IWB he loaned it to me and recommended it. I made it 2 days with it before giving it back. Man I hate that holster. But obviously it works for some people.

FWIW I have narrowed it down to 2 holsters:
    Either the Tucker leather lined ($140):
    http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/anforpi.html

Or the Minotaur MTAC ($80 + additional holster body for my other carry pistol for $35)
    http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

As sweet as the Tucker appears, I have heard great things about the MTAC here and other places and with the interchangable holster bodies, for little additional cost I can have 2 holsters in one. Still trying to make the final decision.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    I Might try it if I could find one for $5-10, but they want $38 for them in the stores I've seen them.

Anyone know if either of these are worth the price?

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=120

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=3S

Also Considering the Galco Summer Comfort.

Post imported post

I've got a comptac ctac and it works pretty well though I think for my next IWB, I'm going leather. The kydex can get uncomfortable after a long day and I think leather would be a bit more forgiving.

Post imported post

I just bought a Don Hume Snap On IWB from gunnersalley.com for my Glock 32 and I am very happy with it. The Bianchi 3S also comes highly recommended. I don't have one, I have heard about the Bianchi from other people.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Well, Guess what, found one at Sportsmans Wearhouse for $10, got it, and it aint half bad.

Moves around some but hard to beat for $10

Also got a Serpa over at Impact for OC.

Will get a better IWB when my Budget is a bit larger, possibly a Milt Sparks.

Post imported post

I didn't realize you were looking for something like that. For cheap carry until I pick out my permament IWB solution I got a nylon Bulldog holster (about $10) I like much more than the referenced Uncle Mike's. I carry it either totall IWB, or if I have a jacket or an untucked shirt, I'll carry it between the belt and waistband for increased comfort, but very low profile for concealability, especially with my Sig. It is basically a nylon band that covers the holster. It suxors to holster but not any worse than that uncle mike's in my experience with both. Bonus was that it fits both my primary carry pistols.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I've used a Blade-Tech Kydex IWB holster w/my Glock 19 for the past 3 years & I've never looked back

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    I've used a Blade-Tech Kydex IWB holster w/my Glock 19 for the past 3 years & I've never looked back
    By chance are you using the "ultimate concealment holster"? I've been looking at that one for a while, but have been hesitant to jump because I am thinking that the plastic on your body might not feel to good. Let me know if thats the one you have, if you would please.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I love my comp-tac minatour spartin, it is basically a cheaper version of the m-tac, but I think it's just as good. The leather is unfinished, but no one sees it anyway. I heard some people say that the metal on the back of the spartin is uncomfortable, personally I wear boxers so I don't feel them.

Post imported post

I haven't tried much else, but I have a Desantis Tuck This for my xd sub-compact and I forget I'm wearing it most of the time. Even with the shirt tucked in it still is fairly un-noticable.

Post imported post

squarepeg wrote:
    FightingGlock19 wrote:
    By chance are you using the "ultimate concealment holster"? I've been looking at that one for a while, but have been hesitant to jump because I am thinking that the plastic on your body might not feel to good. Let me know if thats the one you have, if you would please.
    negative, I'm using this one -> http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Wai...ED-pr-820.html& there are zero comfort issues with it, even after a long day of long strings of fire. Keeping the weapon holstered while driving isn't an issue, either, infact, it's still very comfortable. 7 times out of 10 I wear an undershirt, however, of the 3 times I'm not, there's still not any irritation from the Kydex.

I've read comments about the UCH from people I trust & they weren't very positive reviews.

Post imported post

So, has anyone here had any experience with the Bianchi Model 120 Covert Option?

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=120

I am specifically looking for an IWB holster that is:

1. Leather
    2. Forward cant
    3. Strong side carry
    4. Snap loops
    5. Wide snap loop stance for stability
    6. Good retention
    7. Reholstering difficulty is NOT an issue.
    8. Immediate purchase availability
    edit add:
    9. For Colt Officers model

I've been down the Uncle Mike's route and other designs with single J hooks and spring clips and while they worked, they just were not stable and secure enough for me. They just did not give me the 'confidence' I'm looking for. In general, too much movement/shifting that required constant readjustment and J-hooks or clips that were too easily removed. When I carry, I DO NOT want to have to readjust or come close to touching my firearm/holster in public (other than the 'elbow' touch). Doing so, in my opinion, is bad fieldcraft.

I currently use a variety of DeSantis holsters that work well for outside the pant beltloop style carry with this being favored at the moment:

http://www.desantisholster.com/002.html

Any user feedback on the Bianchi Model 120 Covert Option would be appreciated and/or if any of you have a favored IWB that fits the above criteria, please comment.

Post imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
    Planning to get one, but not sure which to get, and I'd like to avoid spending more than $70.

one I have been looking at recently online is thos safariland one.
    http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=27

but like I said I'm not sure which to get.

Any recommendations/Advice would be appreciated.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...2e867df2be4b16

Comptac Infidel IWB. $50

Post imported post

Milt Sparks Summer Special II is a stocked item at brownells. It is a classic . Many buy a 4 or five inch holster and carry a shorter barrelled weapon because 1. the holster is most commonly available in the larger size and 2. The extra leather when carrying the shooter barrelled weapon tends to wrap around the thigh, leg/butt etc pulling the butt of the weapon closer to the body for more comfort an concealabilty to the extent that is driving th train. Ymmv

Post imported post

Crossbreed Supertuck, two week trial period, lifetime guarantee and the most comfortable holster for IWB that I have ever owned.

Post imported post

Comptac MTAC.

Also have the ability to adapt it for other gun molds for $35 each per mold. Basically an excellent quality IWB holster you can use for everything.

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    I don't like J-hooks, like on the holster that you linked, because the gun will ride on the pants instead of on the belt.

I would recommend getting an IWB with adjustable cant, everyday I wish mine had the ability to angle forward a bit.

I am planning on getting the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe as soon as I have a bit of cash, I have heard nothing but good things about it and it has adjustable depth and cant.
    i bought one of these...so far not lived up to the hipe.
    but it is still new so i will give it some time to work in and then i can say for real if good or not. (only have had it a couple weeks)

not a big fan on iwb as i then need to buy pants two sizes bigger than me.
    the fit is a bit to baggy for my likes, and the belt needs to be tight to keep the pants up. i like pants the fit right and are not made for people much bigger than me.
    not tight on the legs and butt...but not all baggy loose, this could be the problem.
    need to find a deffernt brand of pants to test with.

but as for the holster it was made real good. so no problems there.

Post imported post

Check out Custom Carry Concepts IWB holsters. They are custom made and great quality. Also great customer service/warranty. I have the Looper, which is a great holster, very durable.

shop.customcarryconcepts.com

Post imported post

Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I love it. My only complaint is that it is for my Sig P228 which is big, and the decocker snags on the inside leather when I am reholstering.