• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Impersonator Arrested at Virginia college?

reefteach

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354492,00.html

The university said Wednesday that 19-year-old Seth Adam Newman of Henrico County has been charged with one felony count for hiding his identity and two misdemeanor counts for impersonating a police officer and acting like a police officer. Henrico County police said Newman was being held on $10,000 bond.

Details about the arrest were not released.

The campus was shut down Tuesday afternoon while police searched for a man reportedly seen at the university library with a handgun in a holster. Witnesses said the man wore a fake beard and a jacket with the word "sheriff" on the back.
The fake beard sounds weird, but the handgun in the holster does not. Does that University have a Criminal Protection Zone policy?

reefteach

imported post

Another news angle:

http://www.nbc12.com/home/18697514.html

050608guy2.jpg

Officials say they did recover a pellet gun and it was "very realistic looking."

The president of the University of Richmond, Edward L. Ayers, thanked university police, Henrico and Richmond police, for their work on this case. Ayers says, "We're thankful no one was injured in this incident and we appreciate the professionalism and speed and thoroughness that our neighbors in our own police force displayed in this incident."
Uhhhh, am I missing something? Hasn't the "threat" been out and about for an entire day?