• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vienna OC Dinner - Saturday 6/14/08 6PM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Tac-Man

imported post

Hey Ed, Ihave been waiting for an OC dinner so I can meet some of you guys. Any place you decide is good for me.I Hope we can get a good group together and have a great meal!:lol:

markand

imported post

Have open carried many times at the Amphora restaurant in Vienna. Open 24 hours a day. Never even a question. Once encountered a large group of VA State Police and local police about 2 or 3 am one morning. Got a couple of strange looks, but no questions or hassle.

ed

imported post

Ok.. all the open carry stories are good.. and so are the regrets... but for THIS THREAD.. How bout Positive responses (not regrets) of who can come?

Let's keep a rolling count off... I am 1 and will bring a guest (which will be #2) and looks like TAC-MAN will be #3. Who's 4? etc.

Carry on.

Ed

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Sorry I misunderstood. June 14th is what you were reffering to. I may be able to go to that. As time gets closer I will see what plans I have for that day:lol: Maybe Damon's Grill or Carabas or Outback?

xd.40

imported post

Not that you don't have the freedom of speech, but wearing a flag shirt is disrespectful to the Flag of the United States and is a violation of Title 4, Chapter 1, §8, Letter (d):
"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode04/usc_sec_04_00000008----000-.html

(I added Bold and Italics for readability)

ed

imported post

xd.40 wrote:
Not that you don't have the freedom of speech, but wearing a flag shirt is disrespectful to the Flag of the United States and is a violation of Title 4, Chapter 1, §8, Letter (d):
"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode04/usc_sec_04_00000008----000-.html

Ok.. I meant a STARS and STRIPES shirt.. Not an actual flag. :banghead:

And none of this has anything to do with THIS THREAD which is to count off for the dinners.. Man.. if you guys didn't carry guns I would... oh.. nevermind:cool:

xd.40

imported post

Haha I know - I would have just PM'ed you, but you stated you didn't want anything other than positive responses to people coming, so I couldn't help myself. :lol:

I am 95% sure I can make it to the dinner with the soon to be wife.

(p.s. - this is how these threads always go. You would have better luck asking people to PM you for an accurate;) #).

Marco

imported post

xd.40 wrote:

Yeah, but it can still be attractive.
topth3.jpg

nova

imported post

I'm not sure yet as I start summer classes in June and am not sure if I'll be available at that time. Hopefully I won't forget about this thread by then :?

longwatch

imported post

Id like to swing by, but its a little bit tight getting there in time after work, I'll say maybe. BTW what restaurant are you all going to?