• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vienna OC Dinner - Saturday 6/14/08 6PM

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I think I can make it. Do not know if I will carry as I do not have my CCW yet and can not have it holstered. I do not like the idea of my glock sliding around the passenger seat.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Hokie wrote:
I think I can make it. Do not know if I will carry as I do not have my CCW yet and can not have it holstered. I do not like the idea of my glock sliding around the passenger seat.

I must be missing something here.

Being holstered on your hip is not concealment, and you don't need your CHP to open carry.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hokie wrote:
If your worry is having it holstered on your hip while you're in the car and having an officer potentially believe that to be concealed, you should be okay. It's never been tested in court, IIRC.

IANAL, but I would inform the officer (if I were stopped) that you're openly carrying a weapon -- "Officer, you may not be able to see it, but I am openly carrying a handgun on my right hip." (Make sure he can see both your hands, and say it with a smile <grin>).

Another option is to tuck your holstered weapon between your console (if you have one) and passenger seat until you get out of the car.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tess wrote:
Hokie wrote:
If your worry is having it holstered on your hip while you're in the car and having an officer potentially believe that to be concealed, you should be okay. It's never been tested in court, IIRC.

IANAL, but I would inform the officer (if I were stopped) that you're openly carrying a weapon -- "Officer, you may not be able to see it, but I am openly carrying a handgun on my right hip." (Make sure he can see both your hands, and say it with a smile <grin>;).

Another option is to tuck your holstered weapon between your console (if you have one) and passenger seat until you get out of the car.
Tess offers some great advice.. I would only modify it by changing "Officer, you may not be able to see it, but I am openly carrying a handgun on my right hip." to "Officer, I am openly carrying a handgun on my right hip."

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

It's never been tested in court, IIRC.
And I have no desire to get to the front of this line :p

My holster requires me unbuckle my belt to put on and take it off otherwise I would just use it off the belt. I was thinking about i use a clear zip lock bag and maybe closing the end in the Glock case with the pistol out of the box and using the seat belt to hold the case.

BigdoggyB

imported post

Hi, I am new to posting to the board and i am going to try to attend the OC at Fudruckers. This will be my first carry experience ever since i live across the river in "Liberal Land"Maryland. I just received my non-resident virginia ccw and will start making use of my 2nd amendment rights as much as i can. If i come i will be the guy with my right arm in a sling.

Brian.....

Tac-Man

imported post

What's Up everybody?I just have a few questions and some help would be cool!I have two friends coming from Marylandto our outing at fuddruckers and is it ok for them to open carry?I told them it was legal but they wanted me to make sure.Thanks all.:?

nova

imported post

Tac-Man wrote:
What's Up everybody?I just have a few questions and some help would be cool!I have two friends coming from Marylandto our outing at fuddruckers and is it ok for them to open carry?I told them it was legal but they wanted me to make sure.Thanks all.:?

Yep...legal.

In fact, at the last VCDL meeting and dinner, we had at least one person from MD open carrying.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Tac-Man wrote:

Hey, Tac-Man.

It'll be good to see you again.

One of your friends wouldn't happen to be someone we met at Giovanni's, would it (she)?

Tac-Man

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Tac-Man wrote:

Hey, Tac-Man.

It'll be good to see you again.

One of your friends wouldn't happen to be someone we met at Giovanni's, would it (she)?
What's happening Glock27Bill? It will be cool to see you again too!The last dinner was very fun and can't wait till this one!No my guests are not one of those lovely ladies from our last dinner. (sorry)!See all at the Fuddruckers!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Ok.. we are getting close.. just 4 days away now. If you already clicked the evite link and responded, great.. if you have not.. please respond now.

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/XUVUMRZFJGHVSAJPIDOF/viennaocdinner

I already gave the manager a count of between 20-30 and she said she would reserve a table for "Ed's open carry group" (Even though she probably did not know what "open carry" meant)

Also.. feel free to bring family and or/friends. I will be bringing mine. If you already replied to evite.. just go edit your entry to reflect your current numbers.

Saturday is FLAG DAY so I will be wearing red, white and blue!