Thread: Gun Cameras in DC?!

Post imported post

Bill Would Require D.C. Police Guns To Have Cameras
    Cameras Would Record How Weapons Are Used

POSTED: 4:43 pm EDT May 6, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:24 pm EDT May 6, 2008

WASHINGTON -- A bill under consideration by the D.C. Council would require police service revolvers to have miniature cameras to record how the weapons are used.

The camera technology would be activated whenever a police officer draws his or her weapon.

Council member Harry "Tommy" Thomas introduced the bill Tuesday.

He said it would provide a clear record for both police and citizens on how police weapons are used.

The bill was assigned to the council's judiciary committee for further review.

http://www.nbc4.com/politics/16178359/detail.html

When was the last time a cop in D.C. carried a revolver? I think the DC Council may be a bit behind the times!

Post imported post

The D.C. Council will consider every Kooky idea that comes down the line.

What's next , maybe a zipper cam to find out who is not lifting the lid when they use the toilet.

Post imported post

problem is, DC issues glocks.

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

They will have to buy new guns and this will cut into their abortion and other liberal cause money. I guess they will have to raise their sales tax from the current 10% to 12-15% to cover this. I stay out of that pit unless there is a very good reason to go(rare).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    They will have to buy new guns and this will cut into their abortion and other liberal cause money. I guess they will have to raise their sales tax from the current 10% to 12-15% to cover this. I stay out of that pit unless there is a very good reason to go(rare).
    Perhaps they will fund it with another gun buyback program. Instead of destroying the turned in guns, they sell them for a profit to Virginians. Then further pad their profit margin and arrest the Virginians as they drive out of town with their new purchases. But instead of locking them up, give them the option to pay a fine. I should run for office.

Post imported post

Maybe they will only mount them on their new AR 15s?

Hmm maybe this idea will catch on with the antis. "ALL guns must have 2 cameras - one facing down the barrel, the other will capture the face of the gun user. Further, all guns must have a GPS system that will show if there were any egress or places that the shooter could have hidden instead of using deadly force"

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    Maybe they will only mount them on their new AR 15s?

Hmm maybe this idea will catch on with the antis. "ALL guns must have 2 cameras - one facing down the barrel, the other will capture the face of the gun user. Further, all guns must have a GPS system that will show if there were any egress or places that the shooter could have hidden instead of using deadly force"
    Dude you forgot ammo! Each spent round must include a power supply and tracking device so as to make finding them at crime scenes easier. And lest you forget the fact that since all bullets must be stamped with individual serial numbers, each shooter must file a monthly report indicating the serial numbers fired. And you may no longer pay cash for ammunition because the government needs a trackable financial transaction associated with each purchase.