• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Guns equals less crime...right?

echo6tango

imported post

D.C. Police To Give Officers Assault Rifles

POSTED: 9:52 am EDT May 8, 2008
UPDATED: 10:06 am EDT May 8, 2008

WASHINGTON -- The D.C. police department plans to give patrol officers assault rifles to protect them against criminals with high-powered weapons.

Assistant Police Chief Patrick Burke said the weapons will be provided after the department decides how to rack them in patrol cars. He gave no specific start date.

Officials said more than 300 officers have been trained to use the weapons.

D.C. Council member Jim Graham said he is inclined to support the use of assault rifles, noting that it's a problem when criminals are better armed than police.

Police in Prince George's and Montgomery counties said they have seen criminals use more powerful weapons in recent years and have given officers the option to carry assault rifles.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/16199083/detail.html

Since law abiding folks can't carry (or in most cases possess) a firearm for self-defense, we might as well give more guns to the folks that can already carry guns in the District. I guess more guns does mean less crime...

echo6tango

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Since only the Police in D.C. have firearms then all shootings must be by police officers.
That's funny, I say that every time therer is a shooting in DC but no one I say it to seems to get the joke :D

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

echo6tango wrote:
D.C. Police To Give Officers Assault Rifles

POSTED: 9:52 am EDT May 8, 2008
UPDATED: 10:06 am EDT May 8, 2008

WASHINGTON -- The D.C. police department plans to give patrol officers assault rifles to protect them against criminals with high-powered weapons.

Assistant Police Chief Patrick Burke said the weapons will be provided after the department decides how to rack them in patrol cars. He gave no specific start date.

Officials said more than 300 officers have been trained to use the weapons.

D.C. Council member Jim Graham said he is inclined to support the use of assault rifles, noting that it's a problem when criminals are better armed than police.

Police in Prince George's and Montgomery counties said they have seen criminals use more powerful weapons in recent years and have given officers the option to carry assault rifles.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/16199083/detail.html

Since law abiding folks can't carry (or in most cases possess) a firearm for self-defense, we might as well give more guns to the folks that can already carry guns in the District. I guess more guns does mean less crime...

D.C. is a police "district".......plain and simple!!! What a joke!

2nd Amendment........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X