• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Unenventful Evening in Allentown

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Imperialism2024 and I (as well as another friend from the office) had an uneventful open carry dinner last night at the Olive Garden at the mall in Whitehall.

I am in Allentown for business once every 6 weeks or so and we should try and get a few more members and have an open carry dinner every trip. :)

I think Imperialism had a restaurant in mind for the next trip. Anyone in the Allentown area who would like to get together?

pacrimescode5904

imported post

As a retarded (I mean retired) Allentown cop I pity you that you have to come to the fair queen city on business.

Say the word and I'll do my best to make it to dinner.

WhiteFeather

imported post

I would love to come and meet the legand who founded this great site and started the ball rolling in such great areas as open carry.

I don't live too far and I would be more than willing to make the trip. You say the word and I'll see what I can do.

unrequited

imported post

Wow, you make the drive up from Bristol to Allentown every month or so? That's a long drive!

I have family in Macungie (right next to Allentown) so if you want to meet up there, a cross OCDO PA/VA dinner would be nice!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Wow, you make the drive up from Bristol to Allentown every month or so? That's a long drive!

It sure is! It is a little over 500 miles and I literally just now made it home. I left Allentown around noon.

PS. I must be a slave to travel ... starting this fall, I will be attending law school at Hamline University in St Paul, MN. I am in the weekend program, so I will be commuting via airplane over 2,200 miles each week (flying up Friday night and back Sunday night). :shock:

I have family in Macungie (right next to Allentown) so if you want to meet up there, a cross OCDO PA/VA dinner would be nice!
My co-worker who went to dinner with me and Imperialism2024 lives just off Sauerkraut in Macungie. And I usually stay at the Wingate off Hamilton. :)

It looks like we could start having regular Allentown OC dinners to rival our Northern VA, Utah, Colorado and Washington State brethren who seem to have regular get-togethers. :)

I will post the date and the venue once I schedule the next trip. At the moment, I assume it will be the first or second week of June.

PPS. I look forward to meeting you all. This was the first time I had met Imperialism2024 in person and I can say without fear of contradiction that he is a great ambassador for the cause!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

pacrimescode5904 wrote:
As a retarded (I mean retired) Allentown cop I pity you that you have to come to the fair queen city on business.

Say the word and I'll do my best to make it to dinner.
I actually stay out toward Macungie on Hamilton and I work in Red Hill (down toward King of Prussia near Quakertown).

I have a friend whose son is on the Reading force. He recently joined the bomb squad and likes to joke that when he is disarming bombs, he is safer than when he is patrolling. :D

I will let you know when we have it scheduled.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

WhiteFeather wrote:
I would love to come and meet the legand who founded this great site and started the ball rolling in such great areas as open carry.

I don't live too far and I would be more than willing to make the trip. You say the word and I'll see what I can do.
Aw shucks. ;)

There is no legend here ... just a middle aged guy who is long past the point of having a receding-hair-line. :)

But I do feel that my work for gun rights is the most important contribution that I have made during my lifetime (except for my family of course).

The real legends are every single gun-owner who takes the time to get involved and raise their voice in defense of our rights!

I look forward to meeting you all! I will let you know as soon as I have a date!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
There are some baaaaad computers...

:lol:

I had forgotten that. :)
Occasionally, I manage to say something really funny. :monkey

PROUD American

imported post

My apologies, I haven't been active in the past few weeks; all kinds of crazy crap going on around here. I should have been on OCDO just to take my mind off all the non-sense here... I live "just down the road" in Hamburg (not far from Cabela's), and would also love to attend an OC get together. And please, if your creating a notification list, please add my name as well :D.

PS I will be adding an "incident" to the boards here shortly...

Stay Safe...

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

PROUD American wrote:
My apologies, I haven't been active in the past few weeks; all kinds of crazy crap going on around here. I should have been on OCDO just to take my mind off all the non-sense here... I live "just down the road" in Hamburg (not far from Cabela's), and would also love to attend an OC get together. And please, if your creating a notification list, please add my name as well :D.

PS I will be adding an "incident" to the boards here shortly...

Stay Safe...
Will do! As soon as I have a date you will know.