• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W Sigma .40

thx997303

imported post

Was wondering if anybody has used a S&W Sigma .40 it seems like a good gun, similar to the glock and the price looks pretty good. I already use a S&W Model 10 in .38 spcl but want to go with an autoloader in a heavier caliber.

PVT McDonald

IanB

imported post

I've never owned or shot one, but there are severalwebpages talking about how bad the trigger is on that gun.

thx997303

imported post

so otherwise as far as accuracy and reliability?
And then XD or M&P? still interested in the sigma ut if I had more money...........
and as far as a smaller nine for my wife?

PVT McDonald

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Was wondering if anybody has used a S&W Sigma .40 it seems like a good gun, similar to the glock and the price looks pretty good. I already use a S&W Model 10 in .38 spcl but want to go with an autoloader in a heavier caliber.

PVT McDonald

get an M&P instead.... you'll thank me later.

utahxd9

imported post

I would reccomend something of better quality if you are going to use it as a carry weapon. They had a sale on the sygma down at Cabelas right around Christmas time & a freind of mine wanted one. We went down & looked at it after taking it apart I would not reccomend one for anything but plinking, the guide rod is plastic & the spring is flimsy. It just isn't a quality gun. I would reccomend an XD or an M&P or a glock, yes you are going to pay more, but it is worth it. (not discounting sigs they are just not in the same price range nib).

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I have a 9mm Sigma with a bit over 3k rounds through it....narry a hichup.
I can hit a 5 gal bucket at 100 yds with regularity and 6-7 in groups at 25 yds....at 7 yds, a full mag goes into 4 in easily.
The trigger can be improved greatly from information found on the S&W forum as well.....
and there is a metal replacement guide rod available if the plastic one concerns you but, like I said, 3k rnds without issue.

40calSIG226

imported post

New to the board but this thread led me to jump in.... I have the SIG and the XD both in 40 cal and they are great. I don't like the fit of the Glock in my hand. I wish I had known when I started to carry and to enjoy shooting that quality counts, in spades. I have a 24/7 (40cal)and a PT140 that I may not have picked up if I had really understood what to look for in a good firearm that fit my hand. In the army I simply carried the 1911 then theBeretta because it was issued. As a back up to the rifle they were fine but if that had been my only issued weapon I wouldn't have been so forgiving. Despite the size most days I opt for the SIG P226 over my XD subcompact. I practice at least every 2 weeks to with both. The Taurus (sp?) pistols will likely end up on the KSL classified site or traded in on a P229 or XD in a .45cal.

9th Infantry Regiment, "Manchu"

thx997303

imported post

Welcome to the board! I was actually talking about the smith and wesson sigma. But sigs are nice pistols. Anyway Like I said Welcome.