Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairfax Senator Saslaw insults gun owners again!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Tiny URL for this AP story: http://tinyurl.com/536htc

SNIP

Saslaw said he’s not necessarily surprised that VCDL found restaurants in the region that would allow them to dine while armed. But he said that carrying guns is simply not normal behavior in this area.

“What normal person walks around with a gun on your hip? Something’s wrong in your life” if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of your daily routine, he said.

The gun owners bristle at that stereotype. Nearly 100 people attended the various lunches and dinners, including many retired military personnel. Others were white-collar professionals. While most were white men, the group included blacks, Hispanics, Asians and women.

“This isn’t a bunch of drunk rednecks sidling up to a saloon,” said Christopher Wu, 28, of Alexandria, carrying a Springfield XD45 pistol.

Post imported post

You guys have GOT to work to send Dick(head) packing in the next election
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Oh I have no doubt he thinks something is wrong with us. After all we take responsibility for our own lives, thats something that offends him and threatens his job security.

Post imported post

Sounds like he has a real problem with the Constitution......What kinda Government lets persistent violent offenders back on the streets?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What a nutcase!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well I guess old Dick isn't surprised that he is wrong about restaurants kicking out gun owners.

Perhaps he will also not be surprised to found out that carrying a firearm is normal behavior.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Way to go DICK!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I don't remember using the words sidling, saloon, or redneck... but I was the first one who tipped him to opencarry.org according to the writer. I said that these dinners aren't new to Virginia, and most of us have been doing them for years. OC did get a mention, so yay
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Again, Sanslaw (misspelling intended), errs in choosing his words, e.g., referring to law-abiding Virginians, who are also open-carry gun enthusiasts, as cast members from Deliverance. I believethe word "average" would have been moreappropriate than "normal." Again he insults asegmentof his constituents. Unfortunately, I believe he only represents "normal" voters who are "normally" anti-gun and "normally" share his views. If you are not in agreement with his"normal stance you are considered an abnormal, uneducated redneck. I'mwonder ifhe's aware of those rednecks from Bedford, Virginia?

Bedford, Virginia
    "Like eleven other Virginia communities, Bedford provided a company of soldiers (Company A) to the 29th Infantry Division when the National Guard's 116th Infantry Regiment was activated on 3 February 1941. Some thirty Bedford soldiers were still in that company on D-Day; several more from Bedford were in other D-Day companies, including one who, two years earlier, had been reassigned from the 116th Infantry to the First Infantry Division. Thus he had already landed in both Northern Africa and Sicily before coming ashore on D-Day at Omaha Beach with the Big Red One. Company A of the 116th Infantry assaulted Omaha Beach as part of the First Division's Task Force O. By day's end, nineteen of the company's Bedford soldiers were dead. Two more Bedford soldiers died later in the Normandy campaign, as did yet another two assigned to other 116th Infantry companies. Bedford's population in 1944 was about 3,200. Proportionally this community suffered the nation's severest D-Day losses."

Just another bunch of Virginia rednecks who sacrificed their tomorrow for his today.

Post imported post

I think the only thing wrong with us is that we don't just be quiet when a public offical says something demeaning and stupid about the population they are supposed to represent.

Post imported post

VCDL people must be part of that bitter group that clings to guns and religion.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

You guys have GOT to work to send Dick(head) packing in the next election

Too funny!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing!

Jersey

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    I don't remember using the words sidling, saloon, or redneck... but I was the first one who tipped him to opencarry.org according to the writer. I said that these dinners aren't new to Virginia, and most of us have been doing them for years. OC did get a mention, so yay

HAHAHAHA. What??? Reporter gets it wrong?? :what:

Man, I remember those imbedded reporters during the invasion reporting back on their satellite phones, "we were under heavy sniper fire..." and I was standing there thinking, "when the hell was this?"

The funniest was in Norway, before my divorce,when I told the reporter, "yeahit's tough beingaway from my wife andkid, but the trainingis worth it." He quoted me as saying, "I would very much like to return to my wife and child, and will be glad when this training ends." I was like "WTF??" Not only did me make me sound like a sissy, but a British sissy!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ok, I gotta say it.

I really wish people would refrain from using the term "redneck". To a Southerner, this is a derogatory term much like "******" is to a black person. I find both terms to be distasteful and best left out of polite discussion.

Just a point of contention. Hope y'all understand.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
    unrequited wrote:

HAHAHAHA. What??? Reporter gets it wrong?? :what:

Man, I remember those imbedded reporters during the invasion reporting back on their satellite phones, "we were under heavy sniper fire..." and I was standing there thinking, "when the hell was this?"

The funniest was in Norway, before my divorce,when I told the reporter, "yeahit's tough beingaway from my wife andkid, but the trainingis worth it." He quoted me as saying, "I would very much like to return to my wife and child, and will be glad when this training ends." I was like "WTF??" Not only did me make me sound like a sissy, but a British sissy!

Welcome to the world of media, where it is ok for the reporter to make you say what he wanted you to say. I've had it happen with editorials where they would edit my article, leaving only my own words, in such a way that I would say something completely different than what I did or even would want to say.

Always verify the story, because you know they won't.

Post imported post

I wish that district would vote in a "normal" represenative that abides by his oath of office and doesn't discriminate against the "minorities"...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I really wish people would refrain from using the term "redneck". To a Southerner, this is a derogatory term much like "******" is to a black person. I find both terms to be distasteful and best left out of polite discussion.
    Understandable which is why I posted above. Maybe Nakedshoplifter can remember what was said, because I hardly ever use that word, and I've never used sidling except for maybe once or twice when talking about Legend of Zelda: Windwaker because a button makes you "sidle" when you're near a wall.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

where it is ok for the reporter to make you say what he wanted you to say
    Another reason to get a voice recorder. We need to start hammering them anytime they misquote or misattribute.

I just found this one... think I'll get one and try it out. Totally discreet, looks like a pen, no red light or anything. Can't tell if it'x VOX, but it will record 64 hours. And I need to carry a pen anyway, one less thing to forget.
    http://www.skymall.com/shopping/deta...32616#moreinfo

I don't know about Sidle... wasn't she the annoying chick on CSI?

Post imported post

F***'him. He needs to go.:P

Post imported post

Something is wrong with your life when you judge others and you have a strong desire to control peoples lives.

I guess rape victims and victims of domestic are just f'ed up in the head according to Saslaw. They are evil people who are nut cases! How dare those POS'es protect themselves.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Ok, I gotta say it.

Just a point of contention. Hope y'all understand.

As a Southern Native myself, I prefer "Confederate-American".

Post imported post

“What normal person walks around with a gun on your hip? Something’s wrong in your life” if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of your daily routine, he said.
    First of all, his grammar is horrid.

I would have to say that if he doesn't understand that the acts of legislators like himself have led to the conditions that cause many people to feel compelled to carry a firearm for personal/family protection, then I'm not sure that he can be fixed. He sees LACs carrying guns as the problem. I see him and people like him as the problem.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    where it is ok for the reporter to make you say what he wanted you to say
    Another reason to get a voice recorder. We need to start hammering them anytime they misquote or misattribute.

I just found this one... think I'll get one and try it out. Totally discreet, looks like a pen, no red light or anything. Can't tell if it'x VOX, but it will record 64 hours. And I need to carry a pen anyway, one less thing to forget.
    http://www.skymall.com/shopping/deta...32616#moreinfo

I don't know about Sidle... wasn't she the annoying chick on CSI?
    Please speak clearly into the pen :^). My thoughts exactly. There are a few controversial issues that I'm dealing with and if they ever made it into the news I have thought that I would record the interview and let the reporter know that the condition is that if he misquotes me there will be trouble. I've also thought that one of the conditions of granting an interview would be that I have complete editorial authority over my quotes and the context of my quotes. IOW, they cannot quote me or use my comments unless I see the copy before publishing and approve of it. IMOW, I want to make sure they accurately express "my" thoughts.

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    VCDL people must be part of that bitter group that clings to guns and religion.
    You guys need to come up to PA to the Chik FilA in Shrewsbury. Always alot of conservative christians dining in there, so it need some OCers as well. You know- people in towns in PA clinging to their god and guns...

I was there yesterday, but didn't notice the usual christian bumper stickers in the parking lot, nor did I see anyone OCing. Shame! But as I left I overheard some lady saying something like " my kids said- theres a guy with a gun, is he going to shoot us?", relating some story or another. There was no OMG tone to her talking, so I assume the kids saw someone OCing! If it was the kids at the booth behind them that came in with these adults, they were well old enough to know what a uniformed LEO is. So I assume they saw a "regular looking guy" with a gun on his hip, and were asking mom if it was ok, or what should they do. I wish I could have listened to more on the convo...

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote
    First of all, his grammar is horrid.

I would have to say that if he doesn't understand that the acts of legislators like himself have led to the conditions that cause many people to feel compelled to carry a firearm for personal/family protection, then I'm not sure that he can be fixed.
    Isn't that a run-on sentence?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast