• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax Senator Saslaw insults gun owners again!

casullshooter

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Ok, I gotta say it.

I really wish people would refrain from using the term "redneck". To a Southerner, this is a derogatory term much like "nigger" is to a black person. I find both terms to be distasteful and best left out of polite discussion.

Just a point of contention. Hope y'all understand.
As a Southern Native myself, I prefer "Confederate-American".

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

“What normal person walks around with a gun on your hip? Something’s wrong in your life” if you feel compelled to carry a gun as part of your daily routine, he said.
First of all, his grammar is horrid.

I would have to say that if he doesn't understand that the acts of legislators like himself have led to the conditions that cause many people to feel compelled to carry a firearm for personal/family protection, then I'm not sure that he can be fixed. He sees LACs carrying guns as the problem. I see him and people like him as the problem.

Neplusultra

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
where it is ok for the reporter to make you say what he wanted you to say
Another reason to get a voice recorder. We need to start hammering them anytime they misquote or misattribute.

I just found this one... think I'll get one and try it out. Totally discreet, looks like a pen, no red light or anything. Can't tell if it'x VOX, but it will record 64 hours. And I need to carry a pen anyway, one less thing to forget.
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102632616#moreinfo

I don't know about Sidle... wasn't she the annoying chick on CSI?
Please speak clearly into the pen :^). My thoughts exactly. There are a few controversial issues that I'm dealing with and if they ever made it into the news I have thought that I would record the interview and let the reporter know that the condition is that if he misquotes me there will be trouble. I've also thought that one of the conditions of granting an interview would be that I have complete editorial authority over my quotes and the context of my quotes. IOW, they cannot quote me or use my comments unless I see the copy before publishing and approve of it. IMOW, I want to make sure they accurately express "my" thoughts.

XD40coyote

imported post

Thundar wrote:
VCDL people must be part of that bitter group that clings to guns and religion.

You guys need to come up to PA to the Chik FilA in Shrewsbury. Always alot of conservative christians dining in there, so it need some OCers as well. You know- people in towns in PA clinging to their god and guns...

I was there yesterday, but didn't notice the usual christian bumper stickers in the parking lot, nor did I see anyone OCing. Shame! But as I left I overheard some lady saying something like " my kids said- theres a guy with a gun, is he going to shoot us?", relating some story or another. There was no OMG tone to her talking, so I assume the kids saw someone OCing! If it was the kids at the booth behind them that came in with these adults, they were well old enough to know what a uniformed LEO is. So I assume they saw a "regular looking guy" with a gun on his hip, and were asking mom if it was ok, or what should they do. I wish I could have listened to more on the convo...

Opus109

imported post

deepdiver wrote

I would have to say that if he doesn't understand that the acts of legislators like himself have led to the conditions that cause many people to feel compelled to carry a firearm for personal/family protection, then I'm not sure that he can be fixed.
Isn't that a run-on sentence? :lol:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Ok, I gotta say it.

I really wish people would refrain from using the term "redneck". To a Southerner, this is a derogatory term much like "nigger" is to a black person. I find both terms to be distasteful and best left out of polite discussion.

Just a point of contention. Hope y'all understand.
As a Southern Native myself, I prefer "Confederate-American".
Hah, hah!

You're kidding, of course. Perhaps a little play on words to show the ridiculousness of hyphenated citizenship, eh?

As an afterthought, I was not trying to offend anyone with my little plea. It's just a sore spot with me because in the general populous (and the media), it's seems to be Ok to use one term to describe a class or group of people but not the other.. heaven forbid. Seems to be so one-sided to me.

Now for the topic at hand. Which distrinct/regional area of Virginia does Saslaw represent?

hsmith

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Thundar wrote:
VCDL people must be part of that bitter group that clings to guns and religion.

You guys need to come up to PA to the Chik FilA in Shrewsbury. Always alot of conservative christians dining in there, so it need some OCers as well. You know- people in towns in PA clinging to their god and guns...

I was there yesterday, but didn't notice the usual christian bumper stickers in the parking lot, nor did I see anyone OCing. Shame! But as I left I overheard some lady saying something like " my kids said- theres a guy with a gun, is he going to shoot us?", relating some story or another. There was no OMG tone to her talking, so I assume the kids saw someone OCing! If it was the kids at the booth behind them that came in with these adults, they were well old enough to know what a uniformed LEO is. So I assume they saw a "regular looking guy" with a gun on his hip, and were asking mom if it was ok, or what should they do. I wish I could have listened to more on the convo...
Going to New Park today!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Opus109 wrote:
deepdiver wrote

I would have to say that if he doesn't understand that the acts of legislators like himself have led to the conditions that cause many people to feel compelled to carry a firearm for personal/family protection, then I'm not sure that he can be fixed.
Isn't that a run-on sentence? :lol:
Nope. :)

It's just a very long sentence. ;)

casullshooter

imported post

Saslaw's district includes McLean, Annandale (where the VCDL meetings take place) and parts of Falls Church. I believe a map was posted on a thread here at one time.

Regards,

CS (Confederate-American, also SCV as well)

TheEggman

imported post

I'm surprised he didn't include hound dogs, moonshine and pickup trucks.

"Fit the stereotype and rather proud of it."

I'll take a redneck's handshake over the word of a whiney liberal any day!

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wonder what is wrong in HIS life that he needs to spend his time using his 1st amendment rights denigrating our 2nd amendment rights, and our rights under the Virginia constitution.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
I wonder what is wrong in HIS life that he needs to spend his time using his 1st amendment rights denigrating our 2nd amendment rights, and our rights under the Virginia constitution.
One other thing that really steams me about elected officials is this.

They all take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Then many of them set a path to tear the Bill of Rights apart. In my way of thinking, this is not only wrong.. it is treasonous!

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
One other thing that really steams me about elected officials is this.

They all take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Then many of them set a path to tear the Bill of Rights apart. In my way of thinking, this is not only wrong.. it is treasonous!
It certainly seems to meet the definition of "High crimes and misdemeanors"...

casullshooter

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
Saslaw is an Orwellian Liberal as he is terrible on propety rights of the non-politically connected as well. He is definately one of the pigs that took over the Farmhouse.

SouthernBoy

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
Saslaw is an Orwellian Liberal as he is terrible on propety rights of the non-politically connected as well. He is definately one of the pigs that took over the Farmhouse.
Interesting you say that. After we escaped from Arlington, I found out about some curious not-so-legal goings-ons at the court house in that haven of liberalism. But while there, I found out something about one of the board members who was a constant fixture.. as in repeatedly voted into office. Seems she had some property holdings in upper North Arlington, around Military Road, that somehow was valued far less than comparable properties in the surrounds. Until it came time for her to sell a holding. Then the value suddenly, and mysteriously increased by significant amounts. A cousin of mine found this out by looking in the county records. Wonder if we could do something like that?

ChinChin

imported post

Oh for the days when tar and fethaering wouldn't get you an assault rap. If ever there was an out-of-touch too big for his britches rights violater who needed such. . .It's 'ol dick.

Neplusultra

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Oh for the days when tar and fethaering wouldn't get you an assault rap. If ever there was an out-of-touch too big for his britches rights violater who needed such. . .It's 'ol dick.
That doesn't mean you can't "threaten" to tar and feather him. You need to have a press op with a boiling couldren of tar and a sack of feathers and a photo of him tarred and feathered :^).