• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SASLAW Story is Out!

unrequited

imported post

I don't remember using the words sidling, saloon, or redneck... but I was the first one who tipped him to opencarry.org according to the writer. I said that these dinners aren't new to Virginia, and most of us have been doing them for years. OC did get a mention, so yay!

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Comment posted; the first poster immediately said "well, that just figures; a bunch of people wearing guns to feel important and attract attention". :banghead::banghead::banghead:The guy obviously didn't bother to read the very next sentence, where NOBODY CARED.

eyesopened

imported post

I found the comments from the guys comparing Fairfax to SE DC funny. I don't care where you're at, crime happens. I buy stuff at Walmart, and I have to call India for support on my servers, but I won't outsource my safety.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gosh - it looks like I am getting some great defenders in the comment section...

and all I did was grab the microphone to ask where the bathroom was.... :lol::lol:

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Todays article - does anyone have a copy?

Can we get a couple of copies in case we need them for the general assembly next year?

Does anyone have one? (more is better)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

panoramic_small.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Anyone read the comments on the WTOP site?

Man, those folks are getting real nasty with each other.

It the Apocalyptical arfcom v DU.

I have really been enjoying them...but I am not sure what the "DU" is. Where I work it would mean "Dumb User"

ccunning

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I think DU = Democrat Underground

Yup.

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic.

But, man, it's Hell over there.  No facts, no statistics, just bare knuckle name calling.
There is nothing more frustrating to me than see the pro rights guys start in with the name calling. If we're really in the right there is no need for it. It just gives the anti-rights guys reason to dismiss us. Even if they start in on it first we need to rise above it.

Neplusultra

imported post

ccunning wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I think DU = Democrat Underground

Yup.

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic.

But, man, it's Hell over there. No facts, no statistics, just bare knuckle name calling.
There is nothing more frustrating to me than see the pro rights guys start in with the name calling. If we're really in the right there is no need for it. It just gives the anti-rights guys reason to dismiss us. Even if they start in on it first we need to rise above it.
Agreed, although I'm not concerned with the antis dismissing us since they already have, but the "neutrals" who might read such and decide we are no better.

Thndr

imported post

The same articlewas in the Martinsville bulletin on Sunday on the back page of Section A I believe it was, couldnt find a link.