• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry At the Dept of Licensing

DrewGunner

imported post

I was curious if anyone had any experience withOC'ing at the D.O.L.? Ijust spent two hours there trying to geta vehicle registered (Bleep Bleep Bleep!). Didn't OC, I usually have enough problems with them.

just_a_car

imported post

Somewhere on here, I talk about OC'ing at the Lynnwood DOL and being there for about an hour and then standing dead-center in front of everyone at the desk, where no one could miss my Glock 27 in Serpa holster. Was renewing my license and got a good picture taken. Not a single issue or comment; only a couple of glances.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
I was curious if anyone had any experience with OC'ing at the D.O.L.? I just spent two hours there trying to get a vehicle registered (Bleep Bleep Bleep!).  Didn't OC, I usually have enough problems with them.

OT:

Was it that bad?

I've never spent more than 30 mins. in a DOL office. Hell, before I moved over here, I called them up, faxed my forms from MD, mailed them a money order, and they OVERNIGHTED my tags/reg,etc.

DrewGunner

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
I was curious if anyone had any experience withOC'ing at the D.O.L.? Ijust spent two hours there trying to geta vehicle registered (Bleep Bleep Bleep!). Didn't OC, I usually have enough problems with them.
OT:

Was it that bad?

I've never spent more than 30 mins. in a DOL office. Hell, before I moved over here, I called them up, faxed my forms from MD, mailed them a money order, and they OVERNIGHTED my tags/reg,etc.
Today was my THIRD attempt to get it registared. First time, I didn't have bill of sale, usually don't need one. Second time, they said the sale price was too low and I had to fill out another form. Today, they said the bill of sale was altered and could not except it because the seller wrote 2007 then 2008 over the top of it. SoI had to track the seller down on have them sign a new one. I didn't want to risk getting the boot by the fatty behind the counter.

Bear 45/70

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
OT:

Was it that bad?

Today was my THIRD attempt to get it registared. First time, I didn't have bill of sale, usually don't need one. Second time, they said the sale price was too low and I had to fill out another form. Today, they said the bill of sale was altered and could not except it because the seller wrote 2007 then 2008 over the top of it. SoI had to track the seller down on have them sign a new one. I didn't want to risk getting the boot by the fatty behind the counter.
The DOL has made it as difficult as possible and expensive as possible to change titles anymore. Probably why I don't go to them any more or the County Auditors office either. I use the local private licensing agent. Helpful so youdon't end up coming back more than once and they seem to know the rules better than the government morons. The DOL is of the opinion that it is their job to pump as much money in the the highway fund as possible thru fees added on even though the people keep voting to limit the price of licence fees. They are trying to fund the new viaduct on the Seattle waterfront right now.

Agent 47

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
OT:

Was it that bad?

The DOL has made it as difficult as possible and expensive as possible to change titles anymore. Probably why I don't go to them any more or the County Auditors office either. I use the local private licensing agent. Helpful so youdon't end up coming back more than once and they seem to know the rules better than the government morons. The DOL is of the opinion that it is their job to pump as much money in the the highway fund as possible thru fees added on even though the people keep voting to limit the price of licence fees. They are trying to fund the new viaduct on the Seattle waterfront right now.
Limits on their fees only ever last untill one of their knuckle-headed attorneys figures out a way around it. :banghead:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
OT:

Was it that bad?

Limits on their fees only ever last untill one of their knuckle-headed attorneys figures out a way around it. :banghead:
Either that or they create a new fee, like the tonnage fees on cars this last year. Anyone ever heard of tonnage fees on cars? Until now I never did and it added like $25 to my Crown Vic fees.

BIll98501

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
OT:

Was it that bad?

Either that or they create a new fee, like the tonnage fees on cars this last year. Anyone ever heard of tonnage fees on cars? Until now I never did and it added like $25 to my Crown Vic fees.
My Dad is paying tonnage on his Harley.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Now don't go blaming the Dept of Licensing for the crap that those Criminals in the Legislature did!
The Legislature doesn't think this stuff up. It's like the IRS, the deptment comes up with the new rules and presents them to the Legislature who inacts them out off greed for more money to spend on their pet projects. The departments can add fees on a lot of times without Legislative approve if they call it the right thing or put the fee on something not covered under law.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Either that or they create a new fee,  like the tonnage fees on cars this last year.  Anyone ever heard of tonnage fees on cars?  Until now I never did and it added like $25 to my Crown Vic fees.

You have a crown vic? LOL

So do Mainsail and I...

www.crownvic.net

Weenie1.jpg

/threadjack

Bear 45/70

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

You have a crown vic? LOL

So do Mainsail and I...

http://www.crownvic.net

Weenie1.jpg

/threadjack
Mine is a a 1993 Police Intercepter version with all the cop stuff in place except radios and lights. I bought it cheap, $500,from the local fire department because their mechanic couldn't fix the shifter not coming out of park, the cruise control would not drop off when you braked. I also found out the brake lights didn't work, and the light over my head came on...... All these thing are control by the brake light switch, $5 later and I haven't had anything else go wrong for almost two years and that's with the wife driving it most of the time. Oh yeah, it will do an honest 135+ mph on the 140 mph calibrated speedometer.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Mine is a a 1993 Police Intercepter version with all the cop stuff in place except radios and lights.  I bought it cheap, $500, from the local fire department because their mechanic couldn't fix the shifter not coming out of park, the cruise control would not drop off when you braked.  I also found out the brake lights didn't work, and the light over my head came on......  All these thing are control by the brake light switch, $5 later and I haven't had anything else go wrong for almost two years and that's with the wife driving it most of the time.  Oh yeah, it will do an honest 135+ mph on the 140 mph calibrated speedometer.

haha20sorry20jeff20threadjack1.jpg

Here's my last demo car that I had outfitted..

CHOP2.jpg

TRUNK3.jpg

TRUNK2.jpg

TRUNK1.jpg

REARANT1.jpg

ANTROOF.jpg

dsc000203hx.jpg

soldwb3.jpg

:D

Nothing special in my current one..

console2.jpg

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Derka

imported post

LOL. You guys with the old cop cars. I'll stick to my trucks and drive it places you can't reach. But back to the thread...

I OC'd at the Auburn DOL to geta title transferred about a month ago with no problems concerning the Kimber, but was brutally raped by their $240 dollar fee. The gun got hardly more than a glance from the tellers.I got a chance to talk to one of the guys in line thoughand pass him a pamphlet. He seemed excited about the idea of OC.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
God I want one.

I swapped out the rear axle with a lower RAR and get 20/28 city/highway... cant complain with a nice 8 cyl 4.6L engine ;)

I know people in Hondas that get worse mileage with 4cyl. lol

just_a_car

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I swapped out the rear axle with a lower RAR and get 20/28 city/highway... cant complain with a nice 8 cyl 4.6L engine ;)

Not my little '91 CRX Si... I have never calculated less than 30 MPG and my norm is between 32-36 MPG; my max was 39.5 MPG. It normally comes with a 1.6L I-4 with SOHC, but the previous owner changed it out with the same engine that had the V-TEC addition (didn't come out until '92), so I have a zippier upper rpm.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Not my little '91 CRX Si... I have never calculated less than 30 MPG and my norm is between 32-36 MPG; my max was 39.5 MPG. It normally comes with a 1.6L I-4 with SOHC, but the previous owner changed it out with the same engine that had the V-TEC addition (didn't come out until '92), so I have a zippier upper rpm.

The officer walked away from this crash...

kelly1.jpg

kelly2.jpg

kelly3.jpg

kelly4.jpg

He crawled out of the wreckage and used his own cellphone to call for help.

:celebrate

ETA: http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/kelly.asp