• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry At the Dept of Licensing

DrewGunner

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
Kinda surprised though! Thought that fall into the "federal" building catergory. I thought all "federal" buildings were off limits to OCing????
Its my understanding that they are a privatebusiness. I think the DMV is state run..?

Bear 45/70

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
And thus, being a state agency....wouldn't that be off limits for oc'ing??? I hope I'm wrong...
Why? Did they somehow change the law when we weren't looking? State building are not off limits, only court houses and then only certain parts of them.

Bear 45/70

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
Really?? Sorry, I just assumed..being State, Federal..thought they both were the same (carried the same rules)...glad to see I'm wrong..
State law applies to state buildings and agencies. Feds are their own ball game and rules. Which hopefully will change with the SCOTUS decision next month on the DC 2A violations.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

quentusrex wrote:
TechnoWeenie, I have to ask..... How much?

For the equipment? don't ask.. lol

The average cruiser nowadays has bout 10K$ worth of stuff in it, and bout a mile of wiring.

Bear 45/70

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
So, for example...State liquor store?? OC is legal??
Yes, the only place where liquor is sold it is illegal is where no one under 21 is allowed. Liquor store allows kids to accompany their parents, hence legal.

DrewGunner

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
lilothedog wrote:
Kinda surprised though! Thought that fall into the "federal" building catergory. I thought all "federal" buildings were off limits to OCing????
Its my understanding that they are a privatebusiness. I think the DMV is state run..?
That doesn't make a lot of since. Washington State Dept of Licensing, private business (dooh)... What I really meant was, the place I went to was a "licensing agency". The Renton License Agency Inc. These guys don't get a check from the state, they are private... Right?

joeroket

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
That doesn't make a lot of since. Washington State Dept of Licensing, private business (dooh)... What I really meant was, the place I went to was a "licensing agency". The Renton License Agency Inc. These guys don't get a check from the state, they are private... Right?
Correct, they are private businesses that subcontract to the state, and they do not get a check from the state they have to write a check to the state.

Mainsail

imported post

quentusrex wrote:
TechnoWeenie, What are your thoughts on this product:

http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BCD996T&filter=Mobile

It's the Uniden BCD996T.

That is the base/mobile version of the one I have, the 396. The 996 has a few more features than my hand-held has, although Uniden has recently released a control head for the 396 that looks similar to the 996. I think those are the only ones that can receive Tacoma and McChord AFB trunked radios, but I really don’t know for sure.

BCD396T.jpg

Agent 47

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
So, for example...State liquor store?? OC is legal??
Perfectly legal, and covered by Preemption. I OC in my local liquor stores all the time with no problems but even if they wanted to make a stink about it there is nothing they can do.