• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in ABC store?

mercutio545

imported post

I know that you can't carry (edit: *concealed *) in a place with an ABC license, but what about the actual ABC store? Also, I know that it's state-regulated, so is it preempted in any way?

Edit: Total brainfart. Just got done with exam week, give me a break :D

Thndr

imported post

My understanding of this is the liscense has to be an on premise liscense.

i.e. and ABC store you can CC.

Correct me if I am wrong on this guys, as I am still a newb.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
I know that you can't carry in a place with an ABC license, but what about the actual ABC store? Also, I know that it's state-regulated, so is it preempted in any way?
You can OC in a place with an ABC license, just no CC in a place licensed for on-premises consumption. You can OC or CC (with a permit) in a VA ABC store as they're not licensed for on-premises consumption.

Xeni

imported post

OC'd at the ABC here in Dumfries (234) near I95. Got into a conversation with the manager about what type of sidearm I had, etc. etc. Was very friendly and both clerks offered me help getting what I needed.

cwolfs69

imported post

have oc'd several times in the abc store on portsmouth blvd near ches spuare mall. had a problem at first when discussing with mgr. she said was same rules as bar's. then explained to her and showed statutes about bars and they said nothing after that.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

I OC'ed in the ABC store in Springfield yesterday. I picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label for my friend's bday/graduation present. I told the manager that i couldnt believe i was spending $200+ for a bottle of liquor, but it's for a good friend. I moved forward to use the credit card machine and he then saw my 229 Elite and said something to the effect of "This is probably the safest bottle of Blue Label ever!" I laughed and smiled and wished him a good day.

happy carrying,

jason