Thread: Safe Community Forum: Fairfax Co. VA

Post imported post

Found this in my email inbox a few minutes ago:

Are you concerned about the safety of your community?

Do you have ideas to share with police?

come to the

Safe Community Forum

Thursday, May 22

7 - 9 p.m.

Hollin Hall Senior Center

1500 Shenandoah Road

Alexandria

Questions: Call 703-246-2253

Post imported post

Would that be considered a good OC/community participation opportunity?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hmmmm. Who sent ya the e-mail, Tomahawk?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Perhapa a MMM meeting disguised with a new name........

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    Well, if Ilived closer and weren't engaged I might be inclined to carry to a MillionMILFsMeeting. Or does that mean something different?

:P
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    A quick google search leads me to believe its just a police organized forum.

Post imported post

They are suppossed to have one of these type meetings just over the line in PA, next tues or wed. Police chief will be there to discuss crime prevention and whatnot. I would like to go to ask about OC LOL( "do you think if a bunch of people here OC'd all the time, the criminals would pack up and leave?"). I also came up with a hilarious scene involving senior citizens ( quite a few living in the area- nice retirement area). The 87-88 year old hot tempered great grandma I used to live next door to asking " if a burglar is breaking in my house do I have to wait till he is inside all the way before I can shoot him?", then more questions involving shooting burglars ensues among all the very aged seniors " will a .22 work?", "is it legal to use buckshot in town even if it's inside my house"? Poor police chief wouldn't know what to do with himself!

You VA guys should make an effort to show up to this meeting in AlexandriaOCing, since it's at a senior center and not a school.

I will not OC if I go to the PA local meeting, transport laws in PA are stupid ( same numnut laws as MD), and I don't have the nerve to do it anyway. I'd rather do baby steps, not jump right in with the local police chief!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    A quick google search leads me to believe its just a police organized forum.
    Well? Should we share our ideas?

Maybe we could seek their support in unelectingSaslaw at the next election. That would increase safety and disposable income all at the same time. Who could be against that?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hmmmm. Who sent ya the e-mail, Tomahawk?
    MtVernon@Fairfaxcounty.gov

Somehow I wound up on an email list of some sort, probably from sending activist emails to the Board of Supervisors. I think it's Gerry Hyland's junkmail list I'm on. Usually it's just garbage about traffic or some such BS, but I stay on the list in case something interesting shows up. After all, we VCDL'ers have spies everywhere...

I posted this to see what you guys think.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I got the same e-mail. I'm planning to attend.

After Supervisor Hyland sent me a note about where to find the safest ATMs in the district, I figure I need to be ready.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein