• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safe Community Forum: Fairfax Co. VA

Tomahawk

imported post

Found this in my email inbox a few minutes ago:
Are you concerned about the safety of your community?

Do you have ideas to share with police?

come to the

Safe Community Forum

Thursday, May 22

7 - 9 p.m.

Hollin Hall Senior Center

1500 Shenandoah Road

Alexandria

Questions: Call 703-246-2253

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Perhapa a MMM meeting disguised with a new name........
Well, if Ilived closer and weren't engaged I might be inclined to carry to a MillionMILFsMeeting. Or does that mean something different?

:p

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Perhapa a MMM meeting disguised with a new name........
A quick google search leads me to believe its just a police organized forum.

XD40coyote

imported post

They are suppossed to have one of these type meetings just over the line in PA, next tues or wed. Police chief will be there to discuss crime prevention and whatnot. I would like to go to ask about OC LOL( "do you think if a bunch of people here OC'd all the time, the criminals would pack up and leave?"). I also came up with a hilarious scene involving senior citizens ( quite a few living in the area- nice retirement area). The 87-88 year old hot tempered great grandma I used to live next door to asking " if a burglar is breaking in my house do I have to wait till he is inside all the way before I can shoot him?", then more questions involving shooting burglars ensues among all the very aged seniors " will a .22 work?", "is it legal to use buckshot in town even if it's inside my house"? Poor police chief wouldn't know what to do with himself!

You VA guys should make an effort to show up to this meeting in AlexandriaOCing, since it's at a senior center and not a school.

I will not OC if I go to the PA local meeting, transport laws in PA are stupid ( same numnut laws as MD), and I don't have the nerve to do it anyway. I'd rather do baby steps, not jump right in with the local police chief!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
A quick google search leads me to believe its just a police organized forum.

Well? Should we share our ideas? :)

Maybe we could seek their support in unelectingSaslaw at the next election. That would increase safety and disposable income all at the same time. Who could be against that? :)

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hmmmm. Who sent ya the e-mail, Tomahawk?

MtVernon@Fairfaxcounty.gov

Somehow I wound up on an email list of some sort, probably from sending activist emails to the Board of Supervisors. I think it's Gerry Hyland's junkmail list I'm on. Usually it's just garbage about traffic or some such BS, but I stay on the list in case something interesting shows up. After all, we VCDL'ers have spies everywhere...

I posted this to see what you guys think.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I got the same e-mail. I'm planning to attend.

After Supervisor Hyland sent me a note about where to find the safest ATMs in the district, I figure I need to be ready.