Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may be boycotting Frito-Lay products

Post imported post

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2005566/posts

Found this on another forum...

Anti-gun activist has picture and story on aDoritos bag. Also, a lame response letter from the corporate office..

A fellow shooting enthusiast over on the GunsNet forums stumbled on this bag of Doritos® in his local supermarket:

Several of us have contacted Frito-Lay with inquiries as to why their company is promoting incursions on civil liberties as a example of "doing something positive" - Here's a typical reply:

Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hmmmm. Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference. Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA! The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Still enjoy the product..... Love Doritos!!

Post imported post

Well, I certainly can see that someone attempting to get the City of Los Angeles and the Federal Government to infringe upon a fundamental right protected by the US Constitution could be said to be doing something.

Of course, if someone tried to get the government to pass a national censorship law, or to pass a law allowing judges to find those who refused to incriminate themselves in contempt of court and send them to prison until s/he agreed to self-incrimination, or to pass a law allowing random warrantless searches of citizens residences and places of business, that also would be doing something.

EDIT: Fixing typos. I'm having issues with my laptop keyboard and need to have it replaced so having a lot of typos and spacing issues.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

State Researcher

Post imported post

I had to drive a scissors lift today at work to get up and cut some pipe, never drove it before. I demolished most of the doritos display in the storeroom of the store I was working in, now I don't feel so bad.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.

Post imported post

Maybe I'll start an "Americans for the Nuclear Annihilation of Israel" website, and frito lay can recognize me. Notbecause they support my views, but because I'm doing something in my community and fighting for change.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.
    Oh, thanks. Now I'm hungry.

What would be really good right now is some Herr's BBQ chips and a beverage.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

We're not necessarilyendorsing his views, just giving him an award.... right. Hitler worked hard to change the world too; maybe they can put him on a label next.

-ljp

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hmmmm.┬* Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference.┬* Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA!┬* The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program!┬*
    Or better yet, find some kid who used a firearm to save his/her family from a home intruder.

Post imported post

Guys, we should try to take advantage of this. Let's start a letter-writing campaign to get a Brick award for Mike Stollenwerk for his activism in privacy and self-defense rights. Let's call Frito-Lay's bluff!

Post imported post

Sure.

-ljp

Post imported post

I don't do all out boycotts too often, but thinks like this do negatively effect my chances of buying their product or investing in their company.

FYI: Contact info for Frito Lay (they're in the business of making money. We need to let them know we have some that they won't be getting now. They'll listen).

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
    Monday - Friday
    9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time

Write To Us:Frito-Lay
    P.O. Box 660634
    Dallas, TX 75266-0634

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Well, I certainly can see that someone attempting to get the City of Los Angeles and the Federal Government to infringe upon a fundamental right protected by the US Constitution could be said to be doing something.

Of course, if someone tried to get the government to pass a national censorship law, or to pass a law allowing judges to find those who refused to incriminate themselves in contempt of court and send them to prison until s/he agreed to self-incrimination, or to pass a law allowing random warrantless searches of citizens residences and places of business, that also would be doing something.
    I nominate George C. Wallace Jr. as another person to be put on the bag on chips...

Then again, I wonder how much of an honor it is, anyway, to have one's picture on a bag of junk food that the sh**ple mindlessly munch on while watching the MSM's television non-personalities discuss which presidentiall candidate can redistribute wealth to make the most people happy...

Post imported post

No big loss, I prefer to avoid things filled with MSG...

Post imported post

I nominate Charlton Heston. For all he did for civil rights and liberty, I think it would be in good taste to recognize his loving memory and give him this award, display his picture, and list his accomplishmentson my next bag of Doritos.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    LEO, I see a pattern here...DOnuts and DOritos...???...:what:......:celebrate.

TJ

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    I nominate Charlton Heston. For all he did for civil rights and liberty, I think it would be in good taste to recognize his loving memory and give him this award, display his picture, and list his accomplishmentson my next bag of Doritos.
    +1 on that.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hmmmm. Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference. Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA! The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program!
    This kid has my nomination, I won't spoil the details:
    http://freshtastyideas.com/2007/05/0...ome-intruders/

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    This one was de-bunked. Check snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    This one was de-bunked. Check snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp
    Yeah, I should have checked that before posting. Still looking for a nomination.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    LEO, I see a pattern here...DOnuts and DOritos...???...:what:......:celebrate.

TJ
    You know it!!!

I cannot help it as this has been caused by years of conditioning.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/10711.html

You might note that this has been moved from news to discussion

Post imported post

It never ceases to amaze me when folks in LA of all places want ammunition bans and "assault weapon" bans (Which could include a .22 with a heat shield, lol) for the law abiding citizens. I guess they want the gangs to have full control of their neighborhoods. No wonder they already do in many places. They're the only ones with guns and ammo, because they can get them illegally. The same people bringing drugs into the country can sure as heck bring AK-47's and ammo with them. Now this kid will create another market for the kingpin drug and arms dealers to exploit.

Post imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
    It never ceases to amaze me when folks in LA of all places want ammunition bans and "assault weapon" bans (Which could include a .22 with a heat shield, lol) for the law abiding citizens. I guess they want the gangs to have full control of their neighborhoods. No wonder they already do in many places. They're the only ones with guns and ammo, because they can get them illegally. The same people bringing drugs into the country can sure as heck bring AK-47's and ammo with them. Now this kid will create another market for the kingpin drug and arms dealers to exploit.
    I almost want to bitch-slap all of these mentally deficient anti-gunners, in the hopes that it will wake them out of their sh**ple-minded stupor. Or maybe bonk them on the head like in those stupid V8 commercials... "Could've had a 1911!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast