• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I may be boycotting Frito-Lay products

Flintlock

imported post

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2005566/posts

Found this on another forum...

Anti-gun activist has picture and story on aDoritos bag. Also, a lame response letter from the corporate office..

A fellow shooting enthusiast over on the GunsNet forums stumbled on this bag of Doritos® in his local supermarket:

doritosmilonopouloski4.jpg

Several of us have contacted Frito-Lay with inquiries as to why their company is promoting incursions on civil liberties as a example of "doing something positive" - Here's a typical reply:

fritolayreplyzg8.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hmmmm. Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference. Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA! The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I certainly can see that someone attempting to get the City of Los Angeles and the Federal Government to infringe upon a fundamental right protected by the US Constitution could be said to be doing something.

Of course, if someone tried to get the government to pass a national censorship law, or to pass a law allowing judges to find those who refused to incriminate themselves in contempt of court and send them to prison until s/he agreed to self-incrimination, or to pass a law allowing random warrantless searches of citizens residences and places of business, that also would be doing something.

EDIT: Fixing typos. I'm having issues with my laptop keyboard and need to have it replaced so having a lot of typos and spacing issues.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

I had to drive a scissors lift today at work to get up and cut some pipe, never drove it before. I demolished most of the doritos display in the storeroom of the store I was working in, now I don't feel so bad.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.

expvideo

imported post

Maybe I'll start an "Americans for the Nuclear Annihilation of Israel" website, and frito lay can recognize me. Notbecause they support my views, but because I'm doing something in my community and fighting for change.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.

Oh, thanks. Now I'm hungry. :)

What would be really good right now is some Herr's BBQ chips and a beverage.

Legba

imported post

We're not necessarilyendorsing his views, just giving him an award.... right. Hitler worked hard to change the world too; maybe they can put him on a label next.

-ljp

spike89

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hmmmm.  Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference.  Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA!  The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program! 

Or better yet, find some kid who used a firearm to save his/her family from a home intruder.

Tomahawk

imported post

Guys, we should try to take advantage of this. Let's start a letter-writing campaign to get a Brick award for Mike Stollenwerk for his activism in privacy and self-defense rights. Let's call Frito-Lay's bluff!

sjhipple

imported post

I don't do all out boycotts too often, but thinks like this do negatively effect my chances of buying their product or investing in their company.

FYI: Contact info for Frito Lay (they're in the business of making money. We need to let them know we have some that they won't be getting now. They'll listen).

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time

Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Well, I certainly can see that someone attempting to get the City of Los Angeles and the Federal Government to infringe upon a fundamental right protected by the US Constitution could be said to be doing something.

Of course, if someone tried to get the government to pass a national censorship law, or to pass a law allowing judges to find those who refused to incriminate themselves in contempt of court and send them to prison until s/he agreed to self-incrimination, or to pass a law allowing random warrantless searches of citizens residences and places of business, that also would be doing something.
I nominate George C. Wallace Jr. as another person to be put on the bag on chips...

Then again, I wonder how much of an honor it is, anyway, to have one's picture on a bag of junk food that the sh**ple mindlessly munch on while watching the MSM's television non-personalities discuss which presidentiall candidate can redistribute wealth to make the most people happy...

Flintlock

imported post

I nominate Charlton Heston. For all he did for civil rights and liberty, I think it would be in good taste to recognize his loving memory and give him this award, display his picture, and list his accomplishmentson my next bag of Doritos.

Eagleeye

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
I nominate Charlton Heston. For all he did for civil rights and liberty, I think it would be in good taste to recognize his loving memory and give him this award, display his picture, and list his accomplishmentson my next bag of Doritos.
+1 on that.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hmmmm. Looks like their marketing ploy is more important to them than the rights of their customers.

There has got to be some youngster who has received an award from the NRA for making a difference. Time to find the name of the kid and send it Frito-Lay.

HA! The best one would be some youngster who decided to make a difference by doing some real work on the Eddie Eagle gun safety program!
This kid has my nomination, I won't spoil the details:
http://freshtastyideas.com/2007/05/02/11-year-old-girl-shoots-two-home-intruders/