• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I may be boycotting Frito-Lay products

Bill Starks

State Researcher

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Still enjoy the product..... Love Doritos!!
LEO, I see a pattern here...DOnuts and DOritos...???...:what:...:lol:...:celebrate.

TJ
You know it!!!

I cannot help it as this has been caused by years of conditioning.

Weak 9mm

imported post

It never ceases to amaze me when folks in LA of all places want ammunition bans and "assault weapon" bans (Which could include a .22 with a heat shield, lol) for the law abiding citizens. I guess they want the gangs to have full control of their neighborhoods. No wonder they already do in many places. They're the only ones with guns and ammo, because they can get them illegally. The same people bringing drugs into the country can sure as heck bring AK-47's and ammo with them. Now this kid will create another market for the kingpin drug and arms dealers to exploit.

imperialism2024

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me when folks in LA of all places want ammunition bans and "assault weapon" bans (Which could include a .22 with a heat shield, lol) for the law abiding citizens. I guess they want the gangs to have full control of their neighborhoods. No wonder they already do in many places. They're the only ones with guns and ammo, because they can get them illegally. The same people bringing drugs into the country can sure as heck bring AK-47's and ammo with them. Now this kid will create another market for the kingpin drug and arms dealers to exploit.
I almost want to bitch-slap all of these mentally deficient anti-gunners, in the hopes that it will wake them out of their sh**ple-minded stupor. Or maybe bonk them on the head like in those stupid V8 commercials... "Could've had a 1911!"

Pointman

imported post

Time magazine made Hitler the Man Of The Year for the same reason, and stands by it to this day.

sjhipple

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
I don't do all out boycotts too often, but thinks like this do negatively effect my chances of buying their product or investing in their company.

FYI: Contact info for Frito Lay (they're in the business of making money. We need to let them know we have some that they won't be getting now. They'll listen).

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time

Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634
I'm still recommending people do this.

You heard it here first! Endorsed by Ama-gi!

Manka Cat

imported post

Citizen wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.

Oh, thanks.  Now I'm hungry.  :)

What would be really good right now is some Herr's BBQ chips and a beverage.

Unfortunately, unless you live in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, or Virginia, (or in that area) you aren't going to find Utz or Herrs. :(

I live in Wyoming after 16 years in PA. No Turkey Hill, no Herrs or Utz, no Shneiders pretzels, and no Tasty Cake.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Plenty of local products that I will have to start buying when I want junk foods. Tim's Cascade come to mind. They make a great "cheeto" replacement too. Can't find a local frito replacement though, and I hate shopping at wal mart and buying their knock off.

I can get other stuff than Lays, I hate dorritos, and do like the occassional frito pie...

Wah. What spoiled people we americans are. Debating how to replace one junk food with another when parts of the world are rioting over lack of food.

Maybe now is just a good time to lay off of junk food. :D

imperialism2024

imported post

Manka Cat wrote:
Citizen wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I like Utz products much better anyway, no brainer for me to boycott Frito-Lay.

Oh, thanks. Now I'm hungry. :)

What would be really good right now is some Herr's BBQ chips and a beverage.

Unfortunately, unless you live in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, or Virginia, (or in that area) you aren't going to find Utz or Herrs. :(

I live in Wyoming after 16 years in PA. No Turkey Hill, no Herrs or Utz, no Shneiders pretzels, and no Tasty Cake.
My God... now that is a horror.

We need to bring Utz to the rest of the country. I never knew how deprived they were... :what:

Flintlock

imported post

Went to the grocery store today and at least 95% of the chip section was products from Frito-Lay.

We need UTZ!!!

Tomahawk

imported post

Manka Cat wrote:
No Tasty Cakes? Horrible! At least we can get those in NOVA. But after leaving the Philly area I really miss Wawa and good Italian food. I hate to say it, but Virginia has about zero culinary attraction, except for sweet tea.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Manka Cat wrote:
No Tasty Cakes? Horrible! At least we can get those in NOVA. But after leaving the Philly area I really miss Wawa and good Italian food. I hate to say it, but Virginia has about zero culinary attraction, except for sweet tea.

Goddamit. Now I'm hungry again. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
UTZ BBQ!!!! I have a soon to be opened bag right here. :)

HA! Beat you to it. I just got back from a snack run after that last post. Since Herr's BBQ wasn't available, I went for Utz BBQ. :)

PS: When did 7-Eleven quit carry TastyKake butterscotch krimpets!?!?!

CPerdue

imported post

Well, either of the other two kids who, according to snopes, each bagged a pair of vermin sound like worthies to me.

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Manka Cat wrote:

are you serious? i see a Wawa every 10 minutes in VA lol...i know of 3 within a 10 mile radius of my home...

Tomahawk

imported post

dillinger83@comcast.net wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Manka Cat wrote:

are you serious? i see a Wawa every 10 minutes in VA lol...i know of 3 within a 10 mile radius of my home...

In NOVA there's only one that I know of and it's too far away to be convenient to drive to.

I used to live about 3 miles from Wawa HQ in Penna. and in the Philly area there is a Wawa on every other corner. They drove the unsanitary 7-11's out of business and they even have cheaper gasoline. It's a really well-run business.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I want WAWA!! WAWA!!!!

I tell my cats I'm getting them WATWAT. They like WATWAT.

spike89

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
In NOVA there's only one that I know of and it's too far away to be convenient to drive to.

I used to live about 3 miles from Wawa HQ in Penna. and in the Philly area there is a Wawa on every other corner. They drove the unsanitary 7-11's out of business and they even have cheaper gasoline. It's a really well-run business.

And they got pretty good doughnuts and decent coffee. Night-shifter's loved the place when I worked a gig near Norristown PA