• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC discussion at work

expvideo

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
ICC at work, IWB or ankle and keep to myself about it. A couple months ago I walk up to the front of the office to get a package that just arrived, I bend over to open it and flip up my pocket knife.

A very concerned "Oh my, do you always carry that?!", came from the secretary.

Thinking oh shit, my gun became exposedwhenI bent over.I turn around and she's looking at my pocket knife. I look at her and then back at my knife with a very confused look on my face, ''ummm.. only when I need to open boxes...?".

"Oh, well it looks dangerous."

"Thats why I carry it." Smile and walk away, thinking to myself, I wonder how she'd feel about the loaded 9mm under my shirt.

I don't considera pocket knife to be a weapon. I was a boyscout and I've always used one as a tool. That being said, I have always thought that one of the only benefits of leaving the gun in the car is that I can respond whittily to someone about my pocket knife.

I have a kershaw blur, so it's kind of a combat style folder, I guess. I mean more so than a swiss army knife. At least to the sheep. So whenever I use my knife at work, I wonder if other people are seeing this as a dangerous weapon. If I were ever confronted about the knife, I would be able to argue that it is not a weapon, the 9mm in my car is a weapon. The knife is a cutting tool like scissors, and while either could be used as a weapon, I would say that the fact that I normally carry a pistol is proof enough that this is not it's purpose.

Off topic... I was watching "take home chef" with my fiancee, and the premise of the show is that professional chef goes home with some girl at the store and helps her to create a gormet meal for her husband as a surprise. Anyway, she's talking about how her husband is going to be so surprised, and he said something that really caught my attention: "He doesn't carry a knife, does he?" I was really upset by the comment. I don't think I need to go into why.

DrewGunner

imported post

expvideo wrote:
I have a kershaw blur, so it's kind of a combat style folder, I guess. I mean more so than a swiss army knife. At least to the sheep.
I used to carry a Blur. Great knife! My CRKT m16 doesn't have a the spring assist but it make a pretty good "Ka-Chink" when you flip it open. I think that's what frightens the sheep and the size of it..
Off topic... I was watching "take home chef" with my fiancee, and the premise of the show is that professional chef goes home with some girl at the store and helps her to create a gormet meal for her husband as a surprise. Anyway, she's talking about how her husband is going to be so surprised, and he said something that really caught my attention: "He doesn't carry a knife, does he?" I was really upset by the comment. I don't think I need to go into why.
Would have been great if she said "A knife? No, but he does carry a .45". :what::celebrate

mxwelch

imported post

My workplace not only doesn't mind if I leave a weapon in the car they, on occasion, let me use their equipment to make parts for whatever I'm building. I did half of my 50cal there as well as a suppressor (after receiving an approved form one). One of the perks of being a machinist.:)

I'll be honest, if I worked for someone who prohibited them in my car I'd carry it anyway. Hidden away of course. If you never need it then they'll never know but if you DO need it then you can stay alive and find another job.

I guess some of these idiots who sit in the fat office chairs and dream up these things probably think that this would stop a disgruntled worked from bringing a gun to work.:quirky

Savage206

. Implying, of course, that if I carried, I'd be fired.

Had you been in KY you would be protected by law on this matter. They literally legally could not fire you for wearing your gun in while a customer. BUT this is WA and I am not sure if we have similar law.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Had you been in KY you would be protected by law on this matter. They literally legally could not fire you for wearing your gun in while a customer. BUT this is WA and I am not sure if we have similar law.

Savage,

Great job actually reading old threads and attempting to learn from them, however, with all due respect, it does not good to bring a 3 year old topic/thread up for discussion.

If something is current start a new thread.

Savage206

i am new to the forum and just enjoy going through the archives. i just happened to reply to this one. Not 3 yrs old anymore!! :)