• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police roust OC meal at Old Country Buffet

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Of course, you realize this means another OC dinner at OCB in Dickson City....
I think the locals should all coordinate and establish a Mon., Wed., Fri. schedule, then the rest of us from farther away can all meet up with them every weekend.:lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

Okay, I just read about ten pages of that thread before tiring out. Good lord, sounds like an ugly scene, but looks like it may become one of those defining moments the Penna. gun rights community will speak much of in the future. It very much parallels some of the events in Virginia over the past 5 years or so, and it sounds like the response will be similar.

I am surprised to find out that the Penna. state cops are keeping an illegalgun registry though! I didn't know that when I was living there (of course I rightly assumed some nefarious characters were keeping a list anyway).

imperialism2024

imported post

Mike wrote:
Folks - what do you think about holding a protest march outside Dickson City City Hall this week - like maybe Wednesday or Thursday?

We could stand outside with signs saying "FREE THE GUN!" or "HABEAS ARMA!" etc.

How many folks could make a say 2-3 PM protest??
It would depend on the day for me. Technically I have off both days, but I'll need to work one of them, though possible both.

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I too believe that the matter of the stolen firearm will be resolved early in the week. I'm headed out of town to KY very early Thursday morning and won't be back until lunch or so on Monday. Getting Wednesday off too would be difficult, but probably not impossible.

reefteach

imported post

Just to the West, we are watching closely. I believe this is going to have a positive outcome for gun owners in PA, seeing how Rich seems determined to make it so. PA PATRIOT seemsto be avery appropriate screen name for him.:cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

TO follow up on my earlier post, SonicWall has reviewed my request and emailed me to say they are changing the category of pafoa.org from "weapons" to "political advocacy groups", so for us Panera-eating yuppies out here, this is a good thing!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
As of Noon, Sunday, nothing on the Dickson City police website (maybe they don't update the police log on weekends?), nor anything at all in the Scranton Times.

I'm assuming the Press Release was sent to the newspaper?
And what would be the best newspaper to send it to near Dickson City??

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Unfortunately, Panera Bread uses Sonic Wall blocking, which has categorized pafoa.org as a forbidden site for "weapons", so I'll have to wait until I get home to read the thread.

When Sonic Wall blocks a website, it provides a link to comment on the blocking action. I went to the link and asked them re-categorize pafoa as a political advocacy site instead of a scary weapons site, explaining that they are blocking political discourse and so on. I suggest you guys go there and also leave a message explaining why it shouldn't be blocked. The URL to the comment site is:

http://cfssupport.sonicwall.com

and the url you want to cite is, of course,

http://www.pafoa.org

Dear Customer:

You submitted the following rating request to SonicWALL CFS Support:
Rate pafoa.org as "25.Political/Advocacy Groups" at 2008-05-10 12:25:00.270

The request has been reviewed and rated as:
"25.Political/Advocacy Groups" at 2008-05-11 08:28:09.473

You should see this rating change reflected within 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you for your request,
SonicWALL CFS Support

[/code]

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Mike asked, "And what would be the best newspaper to send it to near Dickson City??"

Mike, PM sent with multiple website addresses.

It's the Scranton (Pa.) Times-Tribune.

4:30 p.m. on Sunday, still nothing on the newspaper site or on the Dickson City Police Department site.

Gee, the people at WBRE-TV may regret not sending a news crew for the roust. Geez, and I had four TV newscrews parked in front of my house when all I did was recommend a local ordinance requiring homeowners keep a firearm in their house.

Lysander

imported post

I got the same response. We'll see.

Doug Huffman wrote:
Dear Customer:

You submitted the following rating request to SonicWALL CFS Support:
Rate pafoa.org as "25.Political/Advocacy Groups" at 2008-05-10 12:25:00.270

The request has been reviewed and rated as:
"25.Political/Advocacy Groups" at 2008-05-11 08:28:09.473

You should see this rating change reflected within 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you for your request,
SonicWALL CFS Support

[code

Tomahawk

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
TO follow up on my earlier post, SonicWall has reviewed my request and emailed me to say they are changing the category of pafoa.org from "weapons" to "political advocacy groups", so for us Panera-eating yuppies out here, this is a good thing!
Like I said, guys, before I sent my comment, SonicWall blocked it, now they are saying they won't anymore. It appears I got through, though I won't know until I get to a public hot spot that uses SonicWall's service.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Like I said, guys, before I sent my comment, SonicWall blocked it, now they are saying they won't anymore. It appears I got through, though I won't know until I get to a public hot spot that uses SonicWall's service.
Good job on getting that changed!

I will have one of my guys test it at our corporate office tomorrow. I use SonicWall to secure our corporate network.

mjf

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Unfortunately, Panera Bread uses Sonic Wall blocking, which has categorized pafoa.org as a forbidden site for "weapons", so I'll have to wait until I get home to read the thread.

When Sonic Wall blocks a website, it provides a link to comment on the blocking action. I went to the link and asked them re-categorize pafoa as a political advocacy site instead of a scary weapons site, explaining that they are blocking political discourse and so on. I suggest you guys go there and also leave a message explaining why it shouldn't be blocked. The URL to the comment site is:

http://cfssupport.sonicwall.com

and the url you want to cite is, of course,

http://www.pafoa.org

You may be interested in something like TOR, if you are using open wifi on a 'filtered' network. http://www.torproject.org/

Aran

Banned
imported post

Translation some douchebag open carried a weapon and caused a ******* scare. If PA Patriot was said douche then may be get rickroll and goatse emails from now until his death.

I posted the link on another forum I frequent, since there are a few pro-carry people there. This is what one of them (I had forgotten he was from Philly. Oops), a guy who carries concealed every day, and has gotten detained at a bank at least once while concealed, had to say in response to the thread.

Awesome.

Lysander

imported post

Aran wrote:
Translation some douchebag open carried a weapon and caused a ******* scare. If PA Patriot was said douche then may be get rickroll and goatse emails from now until his death.

I posted the link on another forum I frequent, since there are a few pro-carry people there. This is what one of them (I had forgotten he was from Philly. Oops), a guy who carries concealed every day, and has gotten detained at a bank at least once while concealed, had to say in response to the thread.

Awesome.
I'm having a hard time translating your quote. Is he saying what I think he's saying?