• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New VA Member Checking In

mxwelch

imported post

Hello all, nice site here with tons of info. I'm a machinist living in Bedford County who loves NFA weapons, WWII weapons, just weapons in general to be honest. The history behind said weapons is also fascinating. I also love debating liberal idiots over the failed logic and failed results from gun control. I hope to make some new friends and learn afew things while I'm at it. Cheers. P.S. call me "MX", everyone else does.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MX,

Welcome to OCDO. Like you, I enjoy debating the anti's - just to see them collapse in a wimpering heap of emotionalism when they cannot stand up to facts and logic.

Isn't Bedford Co. near Roanoke? We need more folks out in that part of the state to just go about their day showing that guns are not eevill things. But I suspect that most of the folks in Bedford Co. know that already.

stay safe.

skidmark

casullshooter

imported post

I am a WWII collector as well(k98,M91-30,Type 99 Arisaka,SMLE Mk4 Type1 U.S. Property,k31 Swiss, Manlicher-Carcano Cavalry Carbineand a Nagant officers' revolver-1944 Tula).

I also love Bedford County and plan to retire there but that is still sometime away.