• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Storey County Ordinances

njeske

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
State law allows for a resident who is not a felon or does not have a domestic violence conviction to carry a gun as long as it is not concealed.

is that part of the article accurate? i don't think state law limits open carry to just legal residents. i'm pretty sure anyone who can legally own can legally OC in NV.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is technically accurate but incomplete.

By not prohibiting the open carry of firearms, residents are therefore "permitted" to do so. Others, of course, are as well, since the law is silent on the topic.

njeske

imported post

timf343 wrote:
It is technically accurate but incomplete.

By not prohibiting the open carry of firearms, residents are therefore "permitted" to do so. Others, of course, are as well, since the law is silent on the topic.
that's what i thought. thanks.

CowboyKen

imported post

njeske wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:
State law allows for a resident who is not a felon or does not have a domestic violence conviction to carry a gun as long as it is not concealed.

is that part of the article accurate? i don't think state law limits open carry to just legal residents. i'm pretty sure anyone who can legally own can legally OC in NV.

Please understand that I cut and pasted a news story. Please do not use newspapers (or the internet) for legal information/advice. Even the paste I did, in another thread, from the old AGs web site is not the law.

I believe that Tim's comment is accurate.

Ken

wayneco

imported post

I'm fairly certain one not need be an NV resident, only not a felon.

I have friends from California who open carry in NV and I can't imagine they're doing anything wrong (they're not felons, they legally possess their guns, etc.)