• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Charlotte, no problems (good thing!)

ShadowOfTheHat

imported post

Well, I probably shouldn't be doing this since I'm such a newbie to the whole thing, but I just couldn't resist . . .

Went to Food Lion near Lowe's at Johnston Road and 51 to get a frozen pizza. Not a single word or look, except some guy who gave me a coupon for a local barbershop. I don't think even he noticed!

Also went to Sam Ash to swap out a cable. All those guys in there know me, so I figured if anyone would say something it would be a, "Hey, what's with the gun, Dave." But, nary a word or look there either.

Lastly, went to Autobell in Pineville yesterday. Again, nada.

I'm sure I was the most nervous of anyone around me! I kind of want to get that first "hassled" experience over and done with so I can get it off my chest. Sounds weird, I know.

Godscreation

imported post

I have been OCing for about a month now, I haven't had a single stranger say anything to me..........yet. I'm still waiting for my "first hassle" as well. While I'm waiting, I've been preparing; you might want to do this as well. I have all of the gun laws for NC printed out and put in a binder. I store this binder in the car and have it ready in case I get hassled by the police or someone wants to know more about OC. I also have a small video camera that fits nicely in my glove compartment. I plan on getting some extra batteries for it. Also, as a backup my cellphone also works as a video camera (the audio stinks on it though, which is why it's a back up.) I suggest doing what I do; that is, enjoy the freedom of openly carrying a gun, but be prepared for WHEN not if, you get stopped and hassled. It's going to happen, the longer it doesn't the more you can be prepared.

Lastly, and this is not a promo for Opencarry.org, but keep reading and following this forum, go back in the archives and click on the threads that deal with folks who have been hassled, and learn what they did, or shouldn't have done. I know by doing all of the above, I was not even nervous at all when I first OCed (Harris Teater).