• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our mods E-stalked someone?!

just_a_car

imported post

So, I was looking for references to OCDO on google.com and came across this on the first page: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87045

Supposedly, one of our mods (and it's not mentioned whom) e-stalked this guy and he's now warning LEO and others from that forum to stay far away from OCDO.

This is NOT what we want for our site. I'm pretty sure we want LEO to come on over and give their input and opinions, not threaten them with divulging their personal information; I don't care what kind of post someone makes on these boards, that's NEVER okay.

I'm hoping that, if this account is true, jpierce will take proper disciplinary action with this moderator if it hasn't been done so already.

expvideo

imported post

OCDO is supposed to be very welcoming to LEOs. We appreciate all that the LEOs do on this board, and the insight that they provide for us, since an LEO opinion and point of viewis very helpful for our understanding of laws.

BTW, I would like to thank LEO229 and JohnnyLaw for all of their great contribution to this website, as well as any of the other LEOs and former LEOs on this board.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That isn't quite what happened. Nitrovic was trolling the forum hardcore and disrupting about every thread he posted in drawing it way off topic and instigating the few vocal anti-leo members on the site. Several of us tried to
really discuss things with him, but to no avail. IMO, he arrived with an agenda. Then he started posting and within hours, or even minutes,deleting what he posted. Hit and runs basically. He claimed it was to prevent e-stalking. I'll let the mod he is referring to get into the rest of it if he wants, or the thread where it was discussed in part may still exist although Nitrovic's side of things were mostly all deleted by him. Exactly what was commented to Nitrovic was in PM and not posted in the forum. No personal information about him was that I ever saw. The interaction he describes is his (likely irrational judging by all of his posts on thisand other forums) version and perception of events. If the accusation were true, there would be many of us on the forum quite upset about such actions.

His hit and run tactics allow it to look like he was just a regular joe trying to have a conversation when people jumped all over him. That was not the case. He pushed every button he could find and was not open to reason or discussion, deleting his comments behind him as he went, thereby eliminating his complicity in any controversy but leaving the responses to link to and say "See how they are over there." Too many people got baited by him and responded with the same ferociousness with which he commented. He deleted his attacks, their rebuttals remained.

It is really a simple matter. Who is more credible? The guy who hits and runs and deletes his side of the interaction, or the members who post, leave what they say unedited, or note what they edited and stand by their comments.

Read the entire thread that you posted and pay special attention to Bohdi's comments.

sjhipple

imported post

Ha ha!! I knew it was Nitrovic as soon as I read the subject. What a sorry person.

Look, Google.com is not "e-stalking." :quirky Also, as far as I know, half of the information in that post is completely made up by Nitrovic (which would match the pattern he made on this site).He's just mad because no one here would listen to his angry and ignorant rants. Good riddance.

sjhipple

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
His hit and run tactics allow it to look like he was just a regular joe trying to have a conversation when people jumped all over him. That was not the case. He pushed every button he could find and was not open to reason or discussion, deleting his comments behind him as he went, thereby eliminating his complicity in any controversy but leaving the responses to link to and say "See how they are over there." Too many people got baited by him and responded with the same ferociousness with which he commented. He deleted his attacks, their rebuttals remained.

Exactly. He should've been banned months ago.

This is where a "karma" rating would be great for OCDO.

just_a_car

imported post

Oh, I did read through it all, and Bhondi's comments were very well constructed.

Again, I want to reitterate that I don't know what went on or even if any of it was true from either side. I just wanted to get this brought up, since it's on the first page of a google search for "opencarry.org".

And please also note that I said "if this account is true" when mentioning disciplinary action. Obviously I don't condone disciplinary action if there is none deserved.

It just bugged me quite a bit when I read all these LEO's calling us anti-government/police wackos and such when they didn't know anything about us. I'm sure there are some like that here, but it's not really the majority, as far as I know and definitely not the norm on the WA forums (where I pretty much stay).

just_a_car

imported post

ama-gi wrote:

That "Karma rating" is exactly what destroyed packing.org forums because it was abused.

Power corrupts, abolute power corrupts absolutely.

sjhipple

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ama-gi wrote:

That "Karma rating" is exactly what destroyed packing.org forums because it was abused.

Power corrupts, abolute power corrupts absolutely.
How did that Karma system work? The one I was talking about was where every poster with, say, 100 posts or more could vote +1 or -1 in response to others' posts and the total poitn value would be displayed under the poster's name. All it is is a measure of community respect.

just_a_car

imported post

From what I understand (through reading first-hand accounts, as I was never a member there) it was something similar to that and the "old guard" would -1 someone they didn't agree with, especially new members and put them in the negative, essentially blacklisting them.

It's not that's it's a bad idea, in general, it's that it has the potential for abuse and I just don't think it's necessary with moderators that do their job.

expvideo

imported post

I forgot about Nitrovic. That guy's nuts. He deletes his posts to prevent "e-stalking". The guy is deeply buried in tin foil, and rarely has anything important or accurate to say.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Again, a coincidence.

I'm awaiting my registration approval at officer.com as a mere citizen. I signed up there as a balance to copwatch.com as an anodyne to the 'moderator' here.

I found the troll's thread - - illuminating, and Bodhi's argument, heroic.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

expvideo

imported post

There is a whole lot of "we're above you" kind of attitudes on those boards. And Nitrovic was suggesting that we OCers are all wannabe cops. That's rediculous. Since when does gun = cop? What does OCing have to do with wanting to be a cop? That's like saying that I only own an AK47 because I want to be an 8 year old Ugandan boy.

sjhipple

imported post

expvideo wrote:
There is a whole lot of "we're above you" kind of attitudes on those boards. And Nitrovic was suggesting that we OCers are all wannabe cops. That's rediculous. Since when does gun = cop?
Lol, I know. I laughed when I saw that.

Flintlock

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
From what I understand (through reading first-hand accounts, as I was never a member there) it was something similar to that and the "old guard" would -1 someone they didn't agree with, especially new members and put them in the negative, essentially blacklisting them.

It's not that's it's a bad idea, in general, it's that it has the potential for abuse and I just don't think it's necessary with moderators that do their job.
I was a member there for many years and the difference is that the rating system was put in place as a replacement to moderation and itwas a disaster. I don't think that is what is being suggested here, If I'm right, I think a rating system in addition to keeping the moderators is what he is talking about...

imperialism2024

imported post

Some trolls just need to get back under their bridge and stay there.

I'll confirm DD's account of what happened. He essentially was banished by the OCDO community.

As for rating systems, entirely unnecessary on a board like this. They serve as a popularity contest, nothing else. OCDO isn't broken, and I think that the history of how OCDO deal with trolls and their ilk proves that we can take care of ourselves.

ETA: As for rating systems, they also do not do much for people who have unpopular opinions, but who are still useful contributors to the board. The rule of fools by fools, I'd say.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

expvideo wrote:
OCDO is supposed to be very welcoming to LEOs. We appreciate all that the LEOs do on this board, and the insight that they provide for us, since an LEO opinion and point of viewis very helpful for our understanding of laws.

BTW, I would like to thank LEO229 and JohnnyLaw for all of their great contribution to this website, as well as any of the other LEOs and former LEOs on this board.
+++1 I frequently have a different perspective on things than LEOs but I agree with expvideo one hundred percent on this.

Tomahawk

imported post

nitrovic's very first post on this board was an attack against the OC'ers of the Tony's 7 incident in Manassas, VA, last year. It wasfull of lies and bulls**t. Since he never made an honest apology for it or provided any source for his info, he is a meaningless username, who then went on to say how much he hated "activists" and harass people as "wannabe cops", including, get this: Doug Huffman. How clueless do you have to be to think Doug wants to be a cop?

The"e-stalking"? Several people immediately googled his username when he was trolling, and found out that he is sloppy and uses the same username in multiple forums. One person let him know about it and he got all indignant. Too bad. This is the internet, not your private home system. If you like to troll, be ready to get your punk card pulled.

Forget about him, just-a-car, he's just a troll. OCDO's "image" was already set in his mind long before he logged on.

LEO 229

imported post

I appreciate the kind words from the members who truly see the value of my being here and it is my pleasure to answer questions and give a different point of view. ;)

The member moderator and John are aware of the post on the other forum in regards to this forum and the matter has been pretty much resolved.

The manner that Nitrovic carried himself here was a little crass and that is sad.

Most members that are not really interested inthe site eventually go away after they have had their rant. I am still working on mine so I will be here a while longer. :lol:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well I'd better put my perspective in here.
When folks are posting from unusual IP addresses and are claiming to know the real truth about an event I was a part of, and in doing so slander me and others, through baseless insinuations of illegal activity. Well it does get my full attention. Using info nitro posted himself about himself, it really only took about 15 minutes to figure out he was a PWC Detective at one time. Probably not as long as he took digging through year old threads looking for 'anti-government' or 'anti-police' postings, but I digress.

So yes we investigated nitro, as much as he investigated or is still investigating us. It is what it is.

Tomahawk

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Probably not as long as he took digging through year old threads looking for 'anti-government' or 'anti-police' postings, but I digress.
No, you're not digressing. I find it very pertinent to this topic that he was, in effect, "e-stalking" the entire forum.