Thread: Tioga/Potter counties

Post imported post

I was born in Tioga and my parents now live in Potter county. I now reside in VA in the military and am comming home in a few weeks. I am curious to know if anyone and where anyone regularly open carries in these counties and how you were treated by the civilians and LEO's. Any input is great.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That's been a recurring problem here in VA since 1861--damn Yankee military residing on Virginia soil.

By the way, some folks count today as the anniversary of the end of the War of Northern Aggression. And they're Southerners, at that:

After careful research we settled on May 10, 1865 for a number of reasons. Jefferson Davis had been captured, the surrender of all effective fighting forces east of the Mississippi was complete, and President Andrew Johnson declared an end to the armed resistance. The last significant action took place two days later, but this is expected in any war.

http://blueandgraytrail.com/event/The_Civil_War
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Am i suppose to take that as a crack at me for being from the north or am i missing the punchline?

And it's 2008 now and i believe its the United States military residing on United States soil.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

You did state, "Any input is great." So, comments about a Yankee being in Virginia was indeed an acceptable response.

Do you have an LTCF? If not, get one. No, it's not required for open carry, but it will mean that you'll be able to carry your firearm loaded in a vehicle. As for walking anywhere from home while openly carrying, don't sweat it. Remember, it's not illegal.

Go to the PAFOA website (pafoa.org) to learn more about carrying, both openly and concealed.

Remember, in Pennsylvania, it's your responsibility to know the law (it is elsewhere, too, but in Pennsylvania there is no training required to get an LTCF).

Post imported post

True i still have about 40 days to get my ccw for VA and since Pa has reciprocity there really is no need for me to get a LTCF for Pa quite yet. I know my laws pretty well and i can get first hand info from my uncle who is a LEO in Williamsport. I just know how the LEO's are where my parents live and they have nothing to do so i figure hassling anyone they can just to give themselves something to do.

Post imported post

I'm up here in tioga i oc all the time no problem at all even in galton