• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tioga/Potter counties

Adam_Y

imported post

I was born in Tioga and my parents now live in Potter county. I now reside in VA in the military and am comming home in a few weeks. I am curious to know if anyone and where anyone regularly open carries in these counties and how you were treated by the civilians and LEO's. Any input is great.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's been a recurring problem here in VA since 1861--damn Yankee military residing on Virginia soil. :)

By the way, some folks count today as the anniversary of the end of the War of Northern Aggression. And they're Southerners, at that:

After careful research we settled on May 10, 1865 for a number of reasons. Jefferson Davis had been captured, the surrender of all effective fighting forces east of the Mississippi was complete, and President Andrew Johnson declared an end to the armed resistance. The last significant action took place two days later, but this is expected in any war.

http://blueandgraytrail.com/event/The_Civil_War

Adam_Y

imported post

Am i suppose to take that as a crack at me for being from the north or am i missing the punchline?

And it's 2008 now and i believe its the United States military residing on United States soil.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

You did state, "Any input is great." So, comments about a Yankee being in Virginia was indeed an acceptable response.

Do you have an LTCF? If not, get one. No, it's not required for open carry, but it will mean that you'll be able to carry your firearm loaded in a vehicle. As for walking anywhere from home while openly carrying, don't sweat it. Remember, it's not illegal.

Go to the PAFOA website (pafoa.org) to learn more about carrying, both openly and concealed.

Remember, in Pennsylvania, it's your responsibility to know the law (it is elsewhere, too, but in Pennsylvania there is no training required to get an LTCF).

Adam_Y

imported post

True i still have about 40 days to get my ccw for VA and since Pa has reciprocity there really is no need for me to get a LTCF for Pa quite yet. I know my laws pretty well and i can get first hand info from my uncle who is a LEO in Williamsport. I just know how the LEO's are where my parents live and they have nothing to do so i figure hassling anyone they can just to give themselves something to do.