• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

red river steakhouse oc experiance

Mordis

imported post

Well, i didnt intend to oc, but it was my wifes birthday and i was all dressed up and when we got seated, i didnt want to get my jacket dirty. I was a little nervous, seeing as i havnt oc'd since the meet up at cabelas. The steakhouse wasnt that busy and for over an hour no one said anything.

Finaly our very friendly waitress asked me what i did for a living. I told her i used to be in security and am now in the auto parts deliver buisness. She said "ahh ok" I go i appologize if i offended anyone and he says that i didnt offend anyone that she didnt think anything was wrong becuase and i quote " you dont look scarry looking".

Then the second server who was near by said that she felt safer becuase she could see it and new that if robbers came in, i would take care of it.(her words)

It was deffinately not the set of reactions i was expecting from them, there comments were even stranger. I cant believe they supported it. I basicly told them that it is legal to oc in Indiana and that i do it as a deterent to crime, and it was a hold over from my security days.

Anyone else have any good moments lately.

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

Thursday morning, I did OC in Angola at Wells Fargo Bank, Farmers State Bank, Subway and Snyder's Coin-Op Laundromat.

Saturday, I did OC in Angola at Meijer,Meijer gas station and Scott's Food Store. I did OC in Fort Wayne at J.K. O'Donnell's and in Auburn at Mad Anthony Tap Room.

While in Mad Anthony's, a woman sitting at a table turned to me at the bar and said,"My husband is just fascinated with your gun". I replied, "So am I. That's why I wear it". This brought a belly laugh from her husband who gave me the "thumbs up" and he said,"More people ought to do it. There'd be less crime". I replied," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firemarms should be a convenience store instead of a gov't agency". He got up and shook my hand on that one.

benron

imported post

[align=left]Although i don't oc,(just a personal prefference),i love hearing all the stories about people oc'ing and the responses that they get,especially the negative ones ,when i hear about the negative responses,i get so angry it makes me want to go to that establishment and oc,just to piss off their liberal way of thinking.
[/align]

Prometheus

imported post

Thats great mordis! I never appologize off the bat because I haven't done anything wrong. Just act like it's completely normal... which it is.

I've had a number of great OC experiences lately.. everywhere from Jimmy Johns (new one on Ridge Road and Indy Blvd in Highland), Meijer ect. ect. Not a single bad word or anything... I also walked past a higland cop in the Meijer and just got a nod. Good times!